Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Should I treat myself to a some barkers duals for my birthday

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  KodiakBeater 
#1 ·
My birthday is in about a month so I figured I might treat myself to a set of barkers duals for my 2016 grizz. I already have a tuner from ehs. Basically all I need to know is, has anyone had any regrets or problems with the barkers on their 16+ grizzlys? As in melted plastic or tuning problems?

Or just talk me into it:banana:

#4 ·
Doooo it then post a video of how it looks and sounds.

#5 ·
I might be selling mine so I can get some elkas

#6 ·
what would you be looking to get out of it?

#7 ·
Guess if you want just noise do it. They are stupid loud without the quiet cores
Don't think they offer the power gains that the earlier grizzs offered.
Expensive for 2-3 hp
Not sure for the 2016 but the fit on earlier Grizzs was close to plastics and did some melting. They are tricky to get just lined up perfectly so they dont cook the plastics

#8 ·
they actually are very close to the same gains as the older model bikes the full single didnt gain much but the duals pick up a bunch. i like how they sound without QC while im on the bike but when i let other people ride it im like dang that thing is obnoxious lol. if you care about your friends get the QC if you dont it sounds great without. The good thing about duals is the QC dont effect the HP much at all

#10 ·
I can't wait. I placed my order for the exhaust this morning!

#11 ·
This exhaust is hard to part with. I can't decide between it and elkas but can't have both. I took out my quiet cores and riding it at Sturgis, even have the Harley guys looking.

#14 ·
Got my barkers installed last night. And might I say I am impressed. Perfect fit, sounds great, and a definite increase in power. The guys at barkers and ehs have done it right.

Attachments

Reactions: geerig
#17 ·
There was a definite increase in torque and power from the exhaust. As soon as I put the exhaust on I took the grizz for a ride around my property and it was night and day difference. Since then I've had a couple weekend trips and I can honestly say there is a very noticeable increase in power. The only downside I could see is the loudness (dosnt bother me at all, it sounds great). I have a set of quiet cores with spark arrestors that will be going in this week for a ride this weekend that requires the arrestors. If I'm going to complain about anything it's that the exhaust actually did not come with the spark arrestors and I had To buy them separate.

I like the sound and like the power, the price is a hard pill to swallow but it was worth it for me.

#18 ·
My father in-law and brother in-law both have them one has quiet core other doesn't. We have been riding in the same spot for 15 years until they got there barkers the land owner stopped them and said if they want to ride they need to quiet them down. My father in-law sold his and went back to stock with 2R tip my brother in-law no longer rides there. They both where to loud for my taste.

#21 ·
With out quite cores they are just stupid loud. With them they are ok cruising at trail speed but do still have a loud bark at WOT. Will wake your neighbors up at night coming home that for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.