Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
142 Posts
Well heck, now I know what I was seeing on a road from a camp last year; I could see two kids that looked like they were floating down the road and I was not drinking at the time. I guess they make an off road model.
and there-ya go!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well it looks like they're allowing OHV's in Silverton this season with a possible change to be voted on in the fall.

Reactions: rio

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Thanks for the update. Seems like they either can't make up their minds or all the business's raised hell about it. At least we have another year to go into Silverton.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,026 Posts
Yes, some things I read were that the people who pushed the quick vote to ban did not represent the entire population, especially those who felt their businesses relied on OHV visitors. So some business owners were very upset the ban occurred without their input.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
There is another problem with town business owners here on the western slope, labor.
Many food service business owners are closing two days a week because nobody is coming by asking for work. Workers can't afford $1500 (or more) monthly rent to live close to work causing a shortage of staff. In the R.V. park just south of Ridgway they get $1650 for a tiny house (200 sq. ft.) with no water, the renter walks to the public shower for water.
Due to low staff counts these places are running limited schedules, so every customer on days open is more important this year than in years past.
Real estate prices are going nuts around here too, in Ouray a vacant lot on the main drag, 20' by 100' with no water tap just sold for $270,000 and to bore under the highway to the water main is another $30,000.
This place is going crazy with people wanting vacation property, and the service(s) to go with it, out bidding each other, so those providing service can't live here to work....Oh Well

·
Premium Member
2020 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
142 Posts
There is another problem with town business owners here on the western slope, labor.
Many food service business owners are closing two days a week because nobody is coming by asking for work. Workers can't afford $1500 (or more) monthly rent to live close to work causing a shortage of staff. In the R.V. park just south of Ridgway they get $1650 for a tiny house (200 sq. ft.) with no water, the renter walks to the public shower for water.
Due to low staff counts these places are running limited schedules, so every customer on days open is more important this year than in years past.
Real estate prices are going nuts around here too, in Ouray a vacant lot on the main drag, 20' by 100' with no water tap just sold for $270,000 and to bore under the highway to the water main is another $30,000.
This place is going crazy with people wanting vacation property, and the service(s) to go with it, out bidding each other, so those providing service can't live here to work....Oh Well

The same is happening here.. Property values have skyrocketed and are out of reach for locals. Investors are buying everything..

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
I was in Silverton today and the town has the a.t.v. route signs out, and there wasn't a side x side or a.t.v. in sight.
I didn't see 50 people walking the streets either and the r.v. parks and motels had empty parking lots. The same lack of business is evident in Ouray.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
Closing down routes and trails is only going to get worse. I see many of these UTV entitled jack-offs that think and act like they are in a biker gang in the 60's or are Madmax in a video games ripping the fock out of town roads, farm land, private property and trails. They have the mentality that their posse comitatus "God'" gave them the right to fock over anyone and everyone.

Reactions: plumbob98

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
A good understanding that some will treat stupidity or personal property damage with lead goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Closing down routes and trails is only going to get worse. I see many of these UTV entitled jack-offs that think and act like they are in a biker gang in the 60's or are Madmax in a video games ripping the fock out of town roads, farm land, private property and trails. They have the mentality that their posse comitatus "God'" gave them the right to fock over anyone and everyone.
You absolutely hit it on the head!! We'll eventually see a ton of sxs's for sale at a discount, as there'll be nowhere to ride them!

Reactions: reogem

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
I sit on the Township Board where I live and ride. At last nights monthly meeting we received several complaints from our residents living along routes about UTV/ATV's ripping up the gravel roads, loud exhaust, high speeds and extreme dust. The town road patrolmen, also a rider and a founder/builder of much of our trails system. Reported about 5 areas that the UTV'/ATVs are tearing up the gravel road.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts