Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using my Kodiak 700 SE 2018 to pull a 44" country cut mower. Looking for some under armer to protect my investment. Looking for a good complete kit around $400. What's y'alls recommendations? Too many options and everything seems to end at 2017 units.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Ricochet has been a popular choice. There are many others that can be found with some quick searching around the site. And whatever you decide on, just call them if they don’t list 2018 kits. Most likely, the kit for 2017 will work but verify that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've been very happy with Ricochet as well.

DEWFPO

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
I've been happy with my Ricochet full skids with UHMW overlay plastic but they are pricey. I also encounter a lot of rocks on the trails I ride.

You might want to look into the Yamaha Plastic Glide Plate (still made of tough UHMW) which will provide a lot of protection. I ultimately ruined one of those but that was because of the rocky terrain.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Very happy with Ricochet also

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Richochet again

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got the Aluminum Products set on my 660, they work well, I think they're cheaper than the ricochet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
AP Skids

Here's some pics of the Aluminum Products Skids I installed on my 2012 700. Installation went pretty smooth and I'm loving the look of them. $423 for this set. Will be putting them to the test this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Another vote for Ricochet!

Reactions: Blklab

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ricochet have been on my bike since new and offer the most protection underneath as well as protect your floor boards. Ive tanked many large rocks and have been extremely happy with theyre level of protection. Theyll go on every bike I buy from here on out.

Reactions: Blklab

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ricochet for me too. I have taken some good hits with no damage. I liked the anodize colors they offer too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm going to be the odd ball and recommend iron Baltic skids they offer floorboard coverage and want warp like aliuninum.slid over rocks with ease I've been beating on mine since 2012.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Coatings for skids.

I bought the Ricochet kit and installed it before the machine was ever ridden. I noticed after the first ride crossing some LARGE downed trees that is was a little sticky so to speak. I've used an aluminum slick coating on my drift boat last year that has been super slick and durable as well called Wetlander. It will be my winter to do list. It should go on the skid plates the same as the boat and it slides across rocks real well and holds up great. Lots of video on YouTube about it. Not sure about posting direct links so I won't. It's easy to find though.

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts
You'll never see me running their skids again unless Mike aquires the company. Then and only then will the company be what it once was.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
I bought the Ricochet kit and installed it before the machine was ever ridden. I noticed after the first ride crossing some LARGE downed trees that is was a little sticky so to speak. I've used an aluminum slick coating on my drift boat last year that has been super slick and durable as well called Wetlander. It will be my winter to do list. It should go on the skid plates the same as the boat and it slides across rocks real well and holds up great. Lots of video on YouTube about it. Not sure about posting direct links so I won't. It's easy to find though.

Been reading about wetlander, interesting product, somebody needs to try it on the skids and report back. Looks like it would be good for just about all conditions.

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts
Been reading about wetlander, interesting product, somebody needs to try it on the skids and report back. Looks like it would be good for just about all conditions.

Yeah...me too. I got friends with jet boats that run shallow rivers for fishing. It's popular.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I run Yamaha OEM Alum skids , they fit perfect , go on WAY easier than Richochet , and work with aftermarket shocks WITHOUT modification. Also , unless you are lazy or have low T and don't give a crap , they are much easier to remove for cleaning and maintenance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have a full set of Ricochet skids on both of mine. Been very happy with them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts