Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted earlier about my OEM that developed a plan hole. I bought an OEM wheel on line and also a set or Tusk Trilobite tires. Had a local ATV Shop mount them. Well, after he cleaned out the slim The best he could witch by the way looked like goose turds he mounted the tires, filled them with air and 3 of the four wheels develop pin hole rim leaks. While he was mounting the tires he cautioned me about the dangers of slime and aluminum rims. Below are picks of the rims. The only rim that was ok was the used rim I bought online. Don’t think I will use slime again. Bought new ITP wheels. Now I have to find a tire shop open as Ohio is under “only necessary business open”
91D666EB-5F74-4C9D-AFA4-8F3E3232258E.jpeg 91D666EB-5F74-4C9D-AFA4-8F3E3232258E.jpeg

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Good to know. Thanks

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I've been saying it years...do not use slime. It corrodes wheels, especially aluminum. It also freezes in the winter, then causes a wheel imbalance. It also does not stop bead leaks.

The best tire sealant I a have even seen is Highlifter's Pro Series tire sealant. That stuff is awesome. It does not corrode metal, does not freeze and does not dry out. And will seal very large punctures. But like everything in life, you got to pay for a superior product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts