Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
2022 Grizzly XT-R
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, looking for snow plow suggestions for my 2022 Grizzly 700 XT-R. Anyone have thoughts?

I've heard several complaints about ATV snow plows, so just trying to learn from other's mistakes. 馃槀

Premium Member
'23 XTR
More details? Mount kit, blade, install, maintenance?
The plow kit I got has 3 pieces: shovel, push tube, mounting plate. It's not the RM5, mine connects to a mountable skidplate underneath. I haven't tried in snow yet, just getting it all dialed in before it starts dumping this weekend. The blade is a solid 1 piece, everything bolts right up without any cutting/bending...and very little swearing. I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow when I get the grizz out.

We're supposed to get some good snow on saturday, pretty excited for my first plow.

2 of my friends use Moose on their atv's and spoke very highly of them.

Registered
2017 Grizzly
As you research the plow configurations; insure your blade width exceeds the outside tire width. 62" is about the average for a good plow blade.
There some searchable threads on this site that will help. The Grizzly makes a good plow platform

Premium Member
2022 Grizzly 700 SE, Superwinch Terra 3500SR, Black Boar Cargo Trunk & Kenimoto passenger foot rest
Might consider looking at the new Kolpin. Buddy of mine is getting it with the electric motor to angle it. Plow may be a little light.

Premium Member
Anyone run a snow blower attached to ATV? I have a couple snowblowers including a Yamaha but was thinking of a blower attached to quad as well

Premium Member
'23 XTR
Sorry it took so long to respond, but here are some pics of the Moose + Kit I picked up.

It's pretty heavy duty. I've got a lot to plow + heavy/wet lake effect snow. This was the thickness and weight I was looking for. If you run synthetic winch I'd suggest switching to cable for winter/plowing. Just the info I got from the mechanic up at the shop I bought at.

Overall super happy with the quality and build. Everything bolts right up with no forcing/hammers/swearing/blood...

Good luck finding your plow regardless!

Premium Member
'23 XTR
Anyone run a snow blower attached to ATV? I have a couple snowblowers including a Yamaha but was thinking of a blower attached to quad as well

That would be a crazy amount of fun! 馃槀

Registered
2009 Grizzly 550 EPS
Sorry it took so long to respond, but here are some pics of the Moose + Kit I picked up.

It's pretty heavy duty. I've got a lot to plow + heavy/wet lake effect snow. This was the thickness and weight I was looking for. If you run synthetic winch I'd suggest switching to cable for winter/plowing. Just the info I got from the mechanic up at the shop I bought at.

Overall super happy with the quality and build. Everything bolts right up with no forcing/hammers/swearing/blood...

Those were the ones we used at work. Had to replace the skid shoes a couple times due to the rough surface.

Registered
2022 Grizzly XT-R
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks for all the info and pics. I have an aluminum skid plate installed beneath the engine. I guess I'd have to take it off to install that mounting plate... And I did replace my cable with a synthetic strap. 馃う

Premium Member
'23 XTR
It really is a quick transition for both. I much prefer synthetic over cable, and I was shocked how easy that plate went on. For me it's worth it to make a solid seasonal change.

The RM5 mount from moose is all up front, and getting some great reviews on YouTube. Might be worth checking out with your set up. I know it's a much better angle of attack on the winch / shovel relationship.

Anyway, hope this helps, good luck, and Happy sunday.

Registered
Thanks for all the info and pics. I have an aluminum skid plate installed beneath the engine. I guess I'd have to take it off to install that mounting plate... And I did replace my cable with a synthetic strap. 馃う
I went to a front mount Warn Plow system this year because I installed aluminum skid plates. I didn't want to drill thru them for the mid-mount plate and I didn't want to remove them for the winter to plow. The front mount is expensive (here in Canada anyway) compared to the mid-mount. I switched my synthetic cable back to steel for the winter.

Super Moderator
I went to a front mount Warn Plow system this year because I installed aluminum skid plates. I didn't want to drill thru them for the mid-mount plate and I didn't want to remove them for the winter to plow. The front mount is expensive (here in Canada anyway) compared to the mid-mount. I switched my synthetic cable back to steel for the winter.
Should have left your synthetic cable on the, it works much better for plowing, less susceptible to breaking and no memory effect from extreme bends you get when plowing

Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
You have plenty of great replies here. FWIW I went the Warn route. Warn winch w/ KFI winch mount, 60" plow w/ center mounted plate, etc. Looks a lot like the Moose setup in the photos above though I might say the Moose setup looks a bit more stout/robust. My push bars are tubes rather than square, etc. Not sure if it makes any difference. I too have an aluminum skid plate and am working on making holes in it so that I can mount the plow plate on top of the skid plate. Haven't completed that yet so in November I swapped the skid plate for the plow plate. It isn't too hard to make the swap and it's a convenient time for an oil change.

I also use a synthetic winch line, I plowed 3-4 times last year and the setup worked great. No complaints.

Registered
I've run that same Warn setup on my Grizzly 550 since 2011. I've now put the same Warn setup on my 2022 XT-R. Works great for most of my snow. Sometimes that 550 would get overwhelmed and I'd need to bring out the tractor. XT-R seems to work better with the couple of feet we've had so far this month. When I put the front mount on the XT-R, I discovered that the XT-R winch was on a different mounting plate that was "special" to the XT-R, so I had to buy a different winch mounting plate to get the plow mount installed.

I agree that you should have left the synthetic cable. You can buy short ones from Warn that are specifically for using the plow. You put a lot of wear on the a very short part of the cable when you plow, so no need to wreck a full 50 foot cable.

As for the snowblower, I've had one since 2011. How useful it is will very much depend on your snow and your situation. I have to clear a gravel road that's almost a mile long. My snow is typically very wet. For my snow, the plow works way better. When the now piles up on the side of the road, I'll bring out the snowblower to carve the edges and make the road a little wider. Otherwise I don't use it. I have become really good at changing the sheer bolts. I also find that I need to take breaks every 30 minutes or so to keep the Grizzly from overheating. I haven't tried it yet with the XT-R.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts