Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at getting some heated grips I've tried doing a search on grips I'm sure it's been beaten here but I need to know what everyone's opinions are on these.l want warm hands I was looking at gloves that plug into 12 v but read that hand thumb warmers are the way to go....... So what do you recommend thanks

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Symtec Heat Demons are the way to go if you ask me. Had them on every machine I have ever had and never had an issue or seen an issue with others ... granted I replaced them at 6000km as u wore the grips down

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I just installed the lock-on Heat Demons w thumb warmer on a friend's quad and they are nice. I did heating elements under ODI Rogue grips on mine because I wanted the better grips. The heated grips are a much harder compound.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I cheaped out one time and got the "Tusk" brand grips and thumb warmer.. BIG mistake. they do not get very warm at all. My hands were freezing. I only got them because my Symtec (Heat demon as they are called now) grips had a busted wire right where they enter the grip. Bad tiewrap placement on the previous owners part. ANYway, the new grips took for ever to even warm up a little bit. I ended up splicing the Tusk grips into the symtec controler.. this gave a bit more heat. I tested the output and the symtec was higher on ever setting. I tested the heat on the the thumb warmers, both tusk and symtec. the tusk stopped at 148° when hooked direct to the 12v battery. (not installed on the thumb piece, just laying on the workbench) the Symtec went to 300° and I could smell it melting, before I quickly disconnected. I don't know why, but Its what I found. when intalled on the thumb lever the symtec did not get to 300, but does get hot enough on #5 setting to near burn your bare skin. When its 10 below freezing, you'll want this kind of heat available.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Another great accessory for cold riding is grip mitts, which are insulated covers that go over the grips, brake levers, etc. They make a huge difference.

I used just these for a long time, but should gave gotten heated grips along time ago. The two of them work great together.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have Heat Demons on both of my Grizzly's, great product. The new style with ODI lock on grips on my 2015 are even nicer than the old glue on style. Don't forget to get the kit with the thumb warmer, I've made that mistake years ago with my old 400 Kodiak.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thanks heat demon dual climate clamp on it is.Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts