Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Solar Power Information and Technical Data

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sujiro 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is for the collection and sharing of Solar Power.
Please keep it clean of off topic chatter and LINK ONLY DATA or INFO.
Remember if it's a web site that sells you can not link, but if it is of informational purpose's then it's ok.
Moderator's will be checking so use good judgment.
You can always write it for copy and paste!
I need some educating on this subject so school is in session!:icon_ goofy:
I thank you all for your contributions

#2 ·
You could take a look at alpinesurvival.com They have systems for RV 's might be some info you could use !

Reactions: desertdweller
#3 ·
Pm'd you. Heres a write up on a solar kit I was looking at for my hunting cabin. "Batteries not included"

Go Power! WEEKENDER SW 110 WATT SOLAR RV KIT WITH GP-SW1500-12, GP-SW-REMOTE, GP-DC-KIT-3, AND GP-TS The Weekender SW kit from Go Power! is a complete plug and play solar and inverter system designed to run your RV, boat or cottage for weekend use. This kit includes 110 watts of solar charging power in one panel which will even provide some charging power in overcast weather. The 110 watt charging kit will provide up to 6.7 amps per hour of good sunlight and 281 amp hours of charge per week. Also included is the 25 amp digital solar regulator capable of handling up to 395 watts of solar, mounting hardware to mount the panel flat to your roof, all wiring needed for your solar system, the GPDC-KIT 3 for hooking your inverter up to you batteries, a GPSW-1500 watt pure sine wave inverter, the GP-TS 30 amp pre wired transfer switch for hardwiring the inverter into your system. This is the ultimate plug and play package for getting into solar and inverter systems and can even eliminate your need to use a generator. This system could also allow you to purchase a much smaller generator to save on fuel costs. Why not experience the freedom of a solar and inverter system where there is no noise, virtually no maintainence and no fuel costs. Go Green with your Solar Weekender SW power system from Go Power!. All instructions are provided. Includes: *GP-RV-110 110-watt (6.7 amp) solar charging kit *GP-SW1500-12 1500 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter for AC power *GPR-25 digital regulator *GP-SW-REMOTE Inverter on/off remote *GP-DC-KIT3 DC Inverter Install Kit *Easily expandable into a full-time system.

Reactions: desertdweller
#5 ·
#6 ·
The best panels are made by suntech. They are currently the most efficient panels on the market right now.

The thing about solar power is that it is easy to capture solar power, but the biggest issue with it is storage of the power. Batteries are expensive and wont last for more than a few years. Until the cost of batteries goes down, it wouldn't be cost effective to get solar panels.

Are you planning on using solar power or our you just getting educated?

#8 ·
Are you planning on using solar power or our you just getting educated?

The main purpose is to start a dialog on the varies forms, builds, install, and use of solar power in general.
I also would like to know as many others for educational aspects.
Lastly I intend on using the knowledge I get to come up with a set up to actively power a trailer independent of any other electrical source.:happy2:

#11 ·
Personally I'll be running the basic:

Laptop
lights
fan
radio
water pump
small kitchen appliances
maybe a small Refrigerator?

I'll want to carry enought juice to keep a couple things running at once when parked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.