Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the link..... I think he wants a little much for shipping though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You going to get them? I believe the 14-15 shocks fit the 16 to 20 grizzlies

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You going to get them? I believe the 14-15 shocks fit the 16 to 20 grizzlies
I don't think the 14/15's are the same as the 16 & newers. Update. I checked Yamaha PN's. The 14-15's are the same then 16 & newer shocks are the same.

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Remember Elka's are setup for the riders weight.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Remember Elka's are setup for the riders weight.
Agreed..... And rebuilding and / or revalving Elka's is indeed pricey!

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
I suppose if the seller weights 250 and the buyer weighs 150 a some sandbags could be strapped on the racks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
They are also set up for your riding style and they take tire size into consideration along with body weight.
Buying a used set like that would be a real crap shoot.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I suppose if the seller weights 250 and the buyer weighs 150 a some sandbags could be strapped on the racks.
I have them set at 180lbs

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have them set at 180lbs
As we said, in a case where the rider was say 150lbs, then haveing a set built for a 180lb person isn't really ideal. Or the opposite way, if the rider was say 250lbs, again, a set built to 180 wouldn't be ideal. The whole reason to get elkas is to have them custom tuned for your weight, riding style and options on your bike. A great deal on ebay isn't really a great deal in the end, unless they just hapoen to be for your weight, tires avg conditions.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As we said, in a case where the rider was say 150lbs, then haveing a set built for a 180lb person isn't really ideal. Or the opposite way, if the rider was say 250lbs, again, a set builtbto 180 wouldn't be ideal. The whole reason to get elkas is to have them custom tuned for your weight, riding style and options on your bike. A great deal on ebay isn't reaky a great deal in the end, unless they just hapoen to be for your weight, tires avg conditions.

I get what everyone is saying and that's why I ordered a new set, set up for me and my riding style.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Nice. I'm being you are going to love them.

I wish they weren't so expensive. I would have a set for sure.

I have a set of stage 3s on the way as well

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the set you are giving to me... right? Lol

I am sure if the Ekla's are any better at all over the stock junkers Vincent might give you the stockers. I have to agree with Vincent. The stock Front shocks are about worthless. The rears are not to bad the fronts are Junk. This is what lead me to ordering a set of Elka's.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am sure if the Ekla's are any better at all over the stock junkers Vincent might give you the stockers. I have to agree with Vincent. The stock Front shocks are about worthless. The rears are not to bad the fronts are Junk. This is what lead me to ordering a set of Elka's.
That Joke went over your head.... I'm asking if the elkas he ordered are the ones he's giving to me... Not the stockers. Lol

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Agreed, grizzly front shocks suck....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Reactions: CanadianKodiak700

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That Joke went over your head.... I'm asking if the elkas he ordered are the ones he's giving to me... Not the stockers. Lol

I knew what you meant before I posted. lol

Reactions: CanadianKodiak700

·
Registered
118 Posts
They are sold, I sold them yesterday

1 - 20 of 20 Posts