Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People. Newbie to the Site but not to ATVs. Or maybe I am. Not sure yet, but let's find out. I'm dealing with a 2001 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4. (Confirmed Serial #) I have a Clymer Manual for it. According to the Manual there is only 11 Wires to the CDI. I have 14. A Plug of 8 and a Plug of 6. What are the other 3 for ? I'm having a No Spark issue. I've installed a new OEM Ign Coil, OEM Plug, OEM Plug Boot, AM Stator, OEM Pick Up Coil,and OEM CDI. Checked with another Working CDI to No Avail. Confirmed Working Kill Switch. Checked Continuity on all wires leading to CDI and their Switches. The only thing else that is Strange however is the Shifter Indicator Lights. Park light On when in P. Neutral Light in N. Reverse Light On when in Park,Neutral but not when in Reverse Gear. Would that Cause No Spark ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello People. Newbie to the Site but not to ATVs. Or maybe I am. Not sure yet, but let's find out. I'm dealing with a 2001 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4. (Confirmed Serial #) I have a Clymer Manual for it. According to the Manual there is only 11 Wires to the CDI. I have 14. A Plug of 8 and a Plug of 6. What are the other 3 for ? I'm having a No Spark issue. I've installed a new OEM Ign Coil, OEM Plug, OEM Plug Boot, AM Stator, OEM Pick Up Coil,and OEM CDI. Checked with another Working CDI to No Avail. Confirmed Working Kill Switch. Checked Continuity on all wires leading to CDI and their Switches. The only thing else that is Strange however is the Shifter Indicator Lights. Park light On when in P. Neutral Light in N. Reverse Light On when in Park,Neutral but not when in Reverse Gear. Would that Cause No Spark ? Any help would be greatly appreciated
All parts are within Specs.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
That def sounds like a witch hunt an not fun wish i could help ya

1 - 4 of 4 Posts