Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 2002 660grizzly and the spark plug boot/wire keeps on popping off. It’s not seating very well anymore onto the plug. I guess the clip inside the boot is worn where it won’t grab the plug very well. Is there a fix for this or should I buy a new wire/boot?
Automotive tire Wood Finger Thumb Nail polish

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Make sure the boot is aligned with the head when pushed down, there is an irregular shape to the boot which fits into the head as a seal. If not the boot might not be fully seated, thus your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Colorado.
Make sure the boot is aligned with the head when pushed down, there is an irregular shape to the boot which fits into the head as a seal. If not the boot might not be fully seated, thus your problem.
Ok I’ll try that. I did have the spark plug out and tried it a few different ways and it’s very easy to put it in and pull it out :ROFLMAO: Should it be that way?

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Try re-crimping the clamp inside the boot, or are you leaving the threaded electrode of the plug exposed, or installing the thread cap?
My boot clicks firmly to the plug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try re-crimping the clamp inside the boot, or are you leaving the threaded electrode of the plug exposed, or installing the thread cap?
My boot clicks firmly to the plug.
When I took out the plug the threaded electrode was exposed. That’s probably why it’s so sloppy?

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
That could be it, depending on the boot style.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts