Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my grizzly (660) for a year; bought it from an older gentleman that REALLY took care of it. The bike is 10 years old and looks brand new. I flushed the coolant system and changed the front drive shaft when I first got it (floppy coupler issue), but today I changed the oil and filter, took apart the cvt to clean, change the belt, and put a 1 mm shim in, flushed the brake fluids, changed all four axles, and cleaned the air filter. The 1 mm shim mod really gave the thing some balls in the low end; too end I still get 55mph which is plenty fast enough. I also changed diff fluids to synthetic. All of this work I did today for the first time, and was able to do so thanks to tips and knowledge gained from reading these forums. Thanks to all who contribute to these threads; I'd much rather work on my own stuff than pay someone to do it.

I think I'll tackle a carb cleaning the next time and a ball joint replacement.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You sure must like to work on stuff. That is a lot of maintenance for a machine that was taken really good care of.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted beefier axles, plus the boots on all the axles were badly dry rotted. Now I have spare axles I can rebuild and have on hand. And yes, I enjoy working on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey what was that 1mm mod you were talking about?? I to enjoy working on m y own bike rather than a strangers hands all over my grizz..

·
Registered
233 Posts
hey what was that 1mm mod you were talking about?? I to enjoy working on m y own bike rather than a strangers hands all over my grizz..
Shim mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts