Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my 05 Grizzly sputters and dies after I get in some water that splashes up over the front racks. I never had the problem before and often sunk the Grizzly in many mud holes and creeks. Now, it will sputter and die. I have to sit and wait for it to dry out it seems before I can get it to fire back up. Once it fires back up, I have to run quite a while before it seems to get back to what I call "normal"....

Anyone?

Dawn

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have 2 friends that own 660s, one hit a hole too hard and drowned out. The other was in a very hard rain following another quad closely, it drowned out. Both had to be pulled home. Must be taking in water at the air intake. A small snorkle should fix the problem. Each of them only had this prob. once through years of riding.

Anyone else?

·
Ron
3,076 Posts
It does sound like it could be an electrical problem.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I agree. Others have had the same problem after some time (meaning the connections are now getting wet when they didn't used to). Use dielectric grease on everything -- battery connections, fuses, fill up the spark plug cap, winch connections, all other electrical connectors in the engine area.

Man, now I need to go re-grease my connections before I start riding again.

Enjoy,

Twister

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hebs @ April 9, 2008, 7:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like your sparkplug wire/connection... Time to break out the dielectric grease!![/b]

duh, I never thought of that.
Good point. The 2 guys I know with those problems never figured it out for sure, they just let em set for a day or so, then they fired right up.

I'll pass this idea along.

Makes alot of since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...I will try that...never had a problem before. I could sink her to the seat deep...now a little splash and she's dying on me....

Dawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts