105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 grizzly 660
102mm cp 11:1 piston
Mudbuster cam
Coop mod3
.8mm shim
EPI purple spring

Just put a new oem belt in, as well as the EPI purple spring and shims, and now the thing squeaks twice on hard acceleration in high.

Squeaks exactly twice during initial hard acceleration, then stops

Doesn't do it in low, sounds kinda like a bird chirp.

Here's a short video on YouTube since Tapatalk won't let me upload it lol

Note that the third pull is in low, the others are all in high gear. All full throttle from a stop.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Didn't here it.....
And I get a slight chirp when backing off the truck, but would rather have the belt give than break a stock axle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could this be from old secondary grease? I was going to re grease the secondary while I had it apart, but I didn't have any grease at the time.

Will have to do that either way when I get some grease tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Could this be from old secondary grease? I was going to re grease the secondary while I had it apart, but I didn't have any grease at the time.

Will have to do that either way when I get some grease tomorrow.

I didn't hear the chirp in your video, but its probably not because of the secondary grease. You put in a lot more low end torque with the motor build, then raised the ratio too so you might be one in the thousand that is a candidate for a heavier spring. Most of are running stock engines then magnifying the torque so the purple is just fine.
Other member over the years have added motor mods and not needed more than purple, so keep listening it may not be the belt. I would take'r' for a run without the cover to determine if the chirp is from the belt.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to pull it apart and service the primary and secondary today, and put in a new cage bearing today. Who knows, may fix it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, pulled the cover and ran around. Of course the noise stopped. Guess it could be the belt rubbing on the case.

I think my one way may be a bit noisy though. Getting some noise f I'm behind the primary only when the sheaves are stationary.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
496 Posts
It might go away as belt wears/breaks in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might. Currently at about 9k feet scouting for deer. It seems to come and go. Only about 2 hours on the belt, and 8 hours on the new top end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts