Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Kodiak 450 I have it running strong at an idle I can rev it up runs well as soon as I put it in gear and give it a little gas it stalls out, I siphoned the existing fuel out and replaced the fuel with a fresh tank and Seafoam fuel treatment but it’s still stalling out. Carb issue? I don’t want to pull it apart unless I have to

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Did you drain float bowl on the carb? It's a single screw at the bottom of the carb. Just unscrew it s few turns. Drain fuel for 10-20 seconds or so. Then screw it back in. Do not over tighten.

Have you cleaned the air filter?

Because your issue only happens with a load on the engine, I suspect dirty or partially plugged jets, or a big air leak due to a cracked adapter/manifold boot.
If your ATV has sat long periods (4 weeks or more) of time between uses, then a dirty or varnished carb is very likely (especially with today's gasoline).

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I agree with dezz. Start with the carb. Seafoam may help without getting into the carb but it’s not that big a deal to clean it up. Pay close attention to those jets. It doesn’t take much to plug one up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts