Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my English as a translator.

My grizzly 660 with the contact cut off on the key, when pressing the start-up turns the starter motor,
although there is no spark.

I must check the installation so that the keyless start does not turn.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The start button also works with gear inserted,
it must be bridging in some connection.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try a new starter relay to start with, they can corrode inside & bleed 12v.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If it's starting in gear I'd start checking the safety switches that stop it starting in gear, time to break out the test light & multi meter & study the wiring diagram, other things to consider are, when did this problem start, was I doing any maintenance to the atv at the time, a year model & ownership history will help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's starting in gear I'd start checking the safety switches that stop it starting in gear, time to break out the test light & multi meter & study the wiring diagram, other things to consider are, when did this problem start, was I doing any maintenance to the atv at the time, a year model & ownership history will help.
I bought it with the installation in poor condition.
When connecting the starter relay and cdi I surely have bypassed it to test for months and I forgot.
I will look at the schemes to make the connections well.

What do you think of not turning the boot when the Off button is pressed?
I would like to have a button to stop the motor instead of the switch that stays on Off and when it is going to start ...

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
Does turning the key on or off do anything?

If you unplug the module with the kill/start switch, does the key on/off do anything?

There are definitely some on here with 660 experience, I'm not one of them so the above is just guessing to what is similar on my 700.

Start unpluging the switches and test them per the 660 service manual.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does turning the key on or off do anything?

If you unplug the module with the kill/start switch, does the key on/off do anything?

There are definitely some on here with 660 experience, I'm not one of them so the above is just guessing to what is similar on my 700.

Start unpluging the switches and test them per the 660 service manual.
the key is new and cuts off all the current except the starter motor. With the off switch cuts the spark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts