Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 660 that has flooded. I have been through the connectors and they look fine. It will not start in gear. I have to shift to neutral to get it to fire. When the rear brake is engaged the brake light comes on. I have another switch for the hand lever, tested with a voltmeter, that I switched it with to no change. I have to come from Low gear to neutral to get it to start. Yesterday it gave me some fits when I got to neutral. What should I check?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine will not start in park at all. Currently, I am saving for a new meter since the old one quit. Recently it has started becoming picky with starting in neutral. I may go ahead and confirm that the Gear position sensor is giving accurate data. Before it flooded in 2016, as long as the rear brake was engaged it would start. About two months ago it started in high gear once while on the trail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive had a bit of an issue lately. It wouldn't start so I jumped it by hitting the two contacts with a wrench. After that it was fine... When I was out on the trail I had the same thing happen several times in a row. Not sure if its the starter, button, or solenoid. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts