Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
So I left my 2007 Grizzly 450 outside in the rain last night and, when I went to start it this morning, there was no power at all(no display, crank etc.) After fiddling with the wires for a bit, there is now power to the display and the relay clicks when I try to start it- similar result when I jump the relay terminals.
The battery is reading 12.5 volts. However, when I flick the main headlight switch to the on position, the ATV loses all power.
Any solutions?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like it could be a loose or corroded connection on the positive or negative post on the battery, or where the negative is bonded to the frame. Try to take them apart and clean them up well, and a little coating of dielectric grease couldn't hurt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: When I tried to turn over the starter, the battery read 0.5V. So I hooked the battery the battery to a car and tried jumping it- no action. Then, I crossed the starter relay and, sure enough, it turned over and started up! So, it must be the starter relay and a dodgy battery that are the problem, correct?

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
I'd take your battery and get it load tested first. Chances are it will need to be replaced based on what you are saying. Then address the relay if your problem isn't solved with the battery.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
As red rocket said, I'd check the battery first. But it very well could be the relay, sounds similar symptoms to when I just had to replace mine a couple months back

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
While charging the battery overnight.
Remove, inspect and clean every connection for the battery posts to the starter and ground.

Is the battery is taking and holding a charge? If not get a new one.

If after the above it will not start get a new relay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also getting the click noise when I push the start button. I have replaced the solenoid and battery and still nothing. Also, when I try to jump across the solenoid it doesn't do anything. No sparks or anything.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
I am also getting the click noise when I push the start button. I have replaced the solenoid and battery and still nothing. Also, when I try to jump across the solenoid it doesn't do anything. No sparks or anything.
Welcome from Colorado.
Nothing happening, no power.....probably from low voltage from a bad/weak ground to the frame. I suggest you start a new thread to keep your bike problem separated. I can get confusing.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts