Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2016 grizzly. Got back from Mud Nats and replaced my spark plug when I got home. Now it wont crank over. I thought it was the Starter relay so I replaced that to. Still wont crank over. It clicks when you hit the start button displays comes on and battery is fully charged. so I'm stumped as to what it can be that is not letting my grizzly want to crank over and run. Also when you hold the start button down there is weird electrical whiney sound that seems to be coming from some where up front. Can any one help me out with this issue and get my grizzly back up and running....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Starting Problem 2007 Grizzly 700

Great article. Are you a Yamaha Tech?
I turn the key on, put it in Park, step on the Brake, and push the Starter button, Nothing happens. Try it 3 times, Nothing. Forth time it starts. Try it again, it starts again. Battery fully charged. When it doesn't start, no clicking from the Selenoid. Any test suggestions?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi...reread the first post.then while you are cranking the bike move the plug on the solenoid. see if it cranks more regularly.

my initial guess is that one of the 4 pins on the solenoid plug is loose.
whatchusay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if some one could FWD me to where I could buy a new 4 spade terminal. The person before me cut the original off don't know why but made it individual terminals now and I believe it's causing connection problems. As the bike powers up I hit the brake to hit the starter and it dies and clicks. Just to be safe I purchased a new battery as well to make sure not that. But I would feel better with OEM connection.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hi Scott. Joe Scavone can probably help you.

cycleterminal.com
he's the guy i get all the oem quality plug/jacks etc. for all of our vintage stuff....easy to work with...

any ??? lemme know walt

21 - 28 of 28 Posts