Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to have to squeeze the living hell out of the brakes to get the Grizz's started?

Sometimes I have to squeeze the brakes so hard I think I'm going to brake something to get her started... Just does not feel like the engineers intended it to.

If it is not normal, is it either a brake issue (bleed) or a starter solenoid, or maybe a CDI issue?

I might swell fix this while it's up on jacks & getting other issues fixed.

thx for any help.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Not normal. Adjust the foot brake then the hand brake.

·
Registered
679 Posts
After riding some very dusty trails my atv would not start while in gear (whether squeezing the brakes or not). I sprayed wd-40 in the tiny handle bar switches and it has been fine ever since. When I had this problem my brake light would not come on when squeezing the rear brake

Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not normal. Adjust the foot brake then the hand brake.
Adjusted the brake, I should have thought of that... and it started up much easier.

However, after a 3 minute test drive, shut it off, then it wouldn't start & the gear lights on the dash would intermittently come on, sometimes not at all when i flipped it through the gears.

Then they came back on & it would start in neutral with neutral light on, wife took it for a spin & it just died in middle of nowhere.

Im assuming this is some sort of switch that is going bad?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
That maybe something with the gear selector switch check and clean the connections
Google "grizzly 660 gear selection switch" remove the quotes
There are several threads similar to your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts