Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stator upgrade questions, please bare with me

Reading though the discussions around the 2007-08 700 stator cooling issue and resolution. It appears that the oil line mod was made on the 2009 and thats what people are using on the 007's and 08's;

1) I pulled a parts list off a thread but before I go and spend the $ getting those parts for all my machines can I use/mod the 2007 cover or must I use the 2009?
2) Is this problem found on the 660's too?
3) Used parts, is there a "best place" to go for OEM racks, plastics, fool wells....?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
No stator cooling problem with the 660.
The first couple years of the 700, yes.
Those years didn't have the additional oil line, so to upgrade use the newer cover (easy) or mod the older style (p.i.t.a.) for a oil line.
For used parts, ask in a thread here or search used parts sites, both can be hit or miss.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
There was a person on here who recently modded the older style stator cover (07/08) and detailed instructions in the thread. I recall at first it seemingly was working out but also recall by the time he was done with the mod project, he stated just buy the proper 09 cover. So I would agree with Jim's statement about it probably being a PITA.

I upgraded my previous 07 Grizzly 700 to an 09 stator cover. I didn't even consider modding the old cover and would again choose to use an 09 cover if faced with having an 07/08 Grizzly without the oil line.

Reactions: dezz
1 - 3 of 3 Posts