Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI
STI doesn't make 12" beadlocks anymore.
Wanted to order a set of replacement rings for my HD beadlocks. STI has none. Their customer service guy found me a set at Chaparral Motorsports. Slim selection. They use to be $14.00 each now they are $22.00.

Never will to move up to 14" wheels.

·
Registered
228 Posts
STI Beadlocks 12"

That really sucks! But I had a feeling that is what was going on when I was looking for some extra rings several months ago.

What color rings were you looking for?

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All they have is black and one set in yellow.
When my originals got pretty beat up I sanded them down to mill finish. I didn't clear coat them but I should have.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bummer! I really wanted the orange rings. I found them in stock a while ago. But would have had to buy 2 from Chaparral Motorsports and two more from somewhere else and never did it. Now I can't find them anywhere. I guess I'll either have to paint them myself or get them powder coated.

Raw/natural aluminum finish was the other one I was interested in. How did yours hold up with no clear coat after you sanded the original finish off?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are mud stained. May sands them again ans this time coat them.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a black set. The orange would look great on the blue machine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh, wow! I wouldn't have expected that. Yeah, clear coating then is a good idea and should prevent the miss stains.

Good luck getting that stain out!

Yes, I know the orange would look great on blue machine. Plus, we love orange here in Syracuse NY! :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts