Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So upon doing a routine inspection I found out my foot brake will stick once i press it.

I Have to physically lift it up to get it to disengage.

The hand brake works just fine.

Any advise?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
What machine do you ride ?

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
So upon doing a routine inspection I found out my foot brake will stick once i press it.

I Have to physically lift it up to get it to disengage.

The hand brake works just fine.

Any advise?
:deal: Lube the all cables associated with the foot brake. The hand brake is direct to the master cylinder. The foot brake operates the master cylinder through cables.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
:icon_ laughup: x2

The cable that runs from the pedal up to the Leaver is subject to lots of dirt and water on the lower end. Id get some lube in their and work the pedal till she loosens up

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
Also look for a rock,stick or mud jamming something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My friend has a 2014 Grizzly 700 and my wife has a 2014 Grizzly 550 and both have had a problem with the foot brake sticking down. To fix the issue, we both had to remove the foot brake, clean the rust and dirt off the pivot point and the inside of the brake, then we put waterproof grease on the pivot point and it's working better than new.

The hardest part was getting the brake pedal off the pivot point. If you don't have a jaw puller, go to an auto part store and spend $5 on the handy tool. It will allow you to get the brake off without a bunch of frustration. I have tried to attach a picture of what I used.

I have a 2005 Grizzly 660 and it never had this issue so I think a design change has made the problem occur if you ride in a lot of mud and water.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
Dealing with a 14’ 550 with a sticky brake, suspect the same issue

·
Registered
252 Posts
My friend has a 2014 Grizzly 700 and my wife has a 2014 Grizzly 550 and both have had a problem with the foot brake sticking down. To fix the issue, we both had to remove the foot brake, clean the rust and dirt off the pivot point and the inside of the brake, then we put waterproof grease on the pivot point and it's working better than new.

The hardest part was getting the brake pedal off the pivot point. If you don't have a jaw puller, go to an auto part store and spend $5 on the handy tool. It will allow you to get the brake off without a bunch of frustration. I have tried to attach a picture of what I used.

I have a 2005 Grizzly 660 and it never had this issue so I think a design change has made the problem occur if you ride in a lot of mud and water.
I also had to do the following. Worked like a champ afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts