Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 grizz is still running hot with the EHS tuner hooked up. Any advice what I can do to get it to run cooler. Very hot to the leg and fan runs non stop.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Aluminum heating / air conditioning tape.....

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aluminum heating / air conditioning tape.....

Still don’t fix the running hot of the engine though. I thought fuel tuner would decrease it some.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Good luck...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did the tuner come with the canned tune for a stock grizzly ? I see you have tip installed . Have you blocked off the air injection? How about popping in the exhaust on deceleration ? Have you checked you’re coolant level ?

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
559 Posts
Did the tuner come with the canned tune for a stock grizzly ? I see you have tip installed . Have you blocked off the air injection? How about popping in the exhaust on deceleration ? Have you checked you’re coolant level ?
Maybe try a new thermostat also.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coolant is good. I have not tried the ais. There is some popping. I just really thought the tuner would have cooled it down.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Overheat light hasn’t come on.

·
Grizzled
3,625 Posts
Fan running constantly when moving or when idling? Have a laser thermometer?

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fan runs when running. I guess it’s running hot like the typical 2016 rant. Just thought the tuner would’ve helped. Tuner is set up for the 2r tip I have.

·
Registered
333 Posts
According to manual, fans come on at operating temp, to maintain that temp and prevent overheating. Just because they are on doesn't mean it's running hot or overheating.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Block off your AIS super easy and cheap to do. I did that first, before I did my tuner and that alone did help some. If you’re still getting popping on decel after blocking it off your still running lean. A simple adjustment on your tuner to richen up your A/F ratio will fix that .
Also do you play in the mud ? I do and I thought I was getting my rad clean, until I decided to move it to my front rack. Amazed at how much mud was still in it.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Remove your tip until you have your issue resolved.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wouldn’t that just delay the issue. I like the tip. I like the sound. What tuner adjustments can I make to get it running richer?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
What are the first 4 settings set at on your tuner?

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The recommended settings that ehs has on the instructions.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did you see my post up above ? Before you adjust your tuner, block off your air injection. and yes leave your tip on no sense in removing it.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
[/QUOTE What elevation are you running at? blocking off the AIS will help also like Colvin posted.

·
Registered
2016 green 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok I’ll do the ais block tomorrow. She’s down due to lower ball joint now. I can get caught up.
Thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
as canadiankodiak mentioned the fans will turn on naturally and turn off naturally.. how do you know your actually running hot? Do you have a sensor tied in to your coolant system and your going over 212f degress when fans kick on and wont cool down below that?

I really was chasing heat issues on my grizz after i installed my 778 motor with +2 valves, bored throttle body, ehs stage1 topend, +5 stroked bottom among other things i did to the grizz going after power. All afr's tuned correctly through the rpm band up to 8k rpms. I would get to a point where the fans would kick on at 210-212 and the stock fan/cooling system wasn't enough to keep the system cool when running really hard.. temps would continue to climb past that and not cool it down. If you really want to you can do what i did.. install a 3core radiator.. run engine ice.. install an aftermarket SPAL fan to replace the existing. This fan puts out waaayyy more flow than stock. If this still isn't providing enough.. i also installed a second battery.. installed a second SPAL fan ran to that battery to go on the front side of the 3core radiator, pulled my thermostat out so i have full flow all the time no restrictions, and also traced out and ran dual override switches to manually kick both or individual fans on whenever i want to. In the hardest conditions i can now run my grizz at 180-200F with easy.. temps monitored ..

Again I'd say start with monitoring your temps to see if you really are truly running hot.. Get a trailtech or something similar and wire it into your water lines just after your cylinder.. this will tell you your temps coming out of your motor at all times and go from there....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts