Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from a weekend trip of riding at our Cabin. I stopped at St Helen Powersports on the way up and the way back. Today I asked them if they dropped Yamaha as I didn't see one Yamaha in there. They said No we did not drop them. We just can't get any. Apparently the Covid-19 has stopped all production and they cant get SXS's or ATV's. He said he got in 850 SXS in Thursday morning and it was gone and out the door Friday morning. He said not being able to get SXS's & ATV's are really hurting there business. I bought some supply's like oil, etc while I was in there just to help out. These small dealers in a low population area around them can really use the help from what I have seen.

Reactions: Bearsixty7

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
That doesn't sound to good, a lot of dealers do need help, I fear parts will follow very soon when they get bought up, as Grizzly owners we maybe in a pickle if you need just the simplest of parts to keep you going.

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yep, same story here in central NY. Fortunately, I was able to find the last 2020 SE at an exclusive Yamaha dealer nearly 2 hours away from me. They said they don't know when they will be able to get any more...

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Wow.

This is a big hit on the dirt side of their market. Now the snow side will be hit hard most likely next season in Canada.
BRP just won a lawsuit against Arctic Cat (which started in 2012), and Arcric Cat is too immediately stop all sales of snowmobiles in Canada using the snocross chassis. Most of Yamaha's snowmobile lineup use these chassis. While it has not been spoken about yet, I am sure if Arctic Cat can't sell snowmobiles with that chassis, then Yamaha will not be able too either. Only time will tell.

Arctic Cat can still sell snowmobiles in USA. It only effects their Canadian sales.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, same story here in central NY. Fortunately, I was able to find the last 2020 SE at an exclusive Yamaha dealer nearly 2 hours away from me. They said they don't know when they will be able to get any more...
Glad you got one while you still could.

Wow.
This is a big hit on the dirt side of their market. Now the snow side will be hit hard most likely next season in Canada.
BRP just won a lawsuit against Arctic Cat (which started in 2012), and Arctic Cat is too immediately stop all sales of snowmobiles in Canada using the snocross chassis. Most of Yamaha's snowmobile lineup use these chassis. While it has not been spoken about yet, I am sure if Arctic Cat can't sell snowmobiles with that chassis, then Yamaha will not be able too either. Only time will tell.

Arctic Cat can still sell snowmobiles in USA. It only effects their Canadian sales.
Ouch that is going to hurt. Thats interesting that Cat got sued over the chassis. Is it just the snocross chassis?? Cat has 3 different chassis's. Snocross, Then the Procross (most consumer models) and Proclimb for mountain riders. The rumor has it that Yamaha wanted to buy Arctic cat but they declined. Frankly with Textron owning it I wish they would have sold it to Yamaha as all Textron is interested in is the UTV/ATV anyways. They bought Polaris back in the day and then dumped them as well. Cat and Skidoo have sued each other a few times over the decades. With the declining snowfall amounts in the midwest state's I don't see big sales on snowmobiles around this neck of the woods. A few more years like we have had and I am dumping ours. The wife and I already have talked about it. We can use our quads way more than the sleds and its a lot cheaper to go quad riding than sledding.

Reactions: Pjniez

·
Registered
5,470 Posts

Ouch that is going to hurt. Thats interesting that Cat got sued over the chassis. Is it just the snocross chassis?? Cat has 3 different chassis's. Snocross, Then the Procross (most consumer models) and Proclimb for mountain riders. The rumor has it that Yamaha wanted to buy Arctic cat but they declined. Frankly with Textron owning it I wish they would have sold it to Yamaha as all Textron is interested in is the UTV/ATV anyways. They bought Polaris back in the day and then dumped them as well. Cat and Skidoo have sued each other a few times over the decades. With the declining snowfall amounts in the midwest state's I don't see big sales on snowmobiles around this neck of the woods. A few more years like we have had and I am dumping ours. The wife and I already have talked about it. We can use our quads way more than the sleds and its a lot cheaper to go quad riding than sledding.
BRP Wins Lawsuit, Makes Sale Of Cat Snowmobiles Illegal In Canada | SnowGoer

Click or copy/paste the link to read about it. It's not all the details, but you get the gist of it

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
487 Posts

Ever look close at the new Tracker brand of ATV's? Not hard to tell they are made by Polaris, a lot of similaities, parts & motors. But look even cheaper to me. Bass Pro & Cabelas has them as well as Tracker boat dealers around here. Of course the Tracker Brand name is owned by Bass Pro Shops.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BRP Wins Lawsuit, Makes Sale Of Cat Snowmobiles Illegal In Canada | SnowGoer

Click or copy/paste the link to read about it. It's not all the details, but you get the gist of it
OK, So this goes all the way back to 08 with the rider forward chassis which was settled at one time and now it reared its ugly head again for some reason. Apparently BRP & Its lawyers did not like the ruling back then and kept at it. Oh well thats sleds and this is a quad forum. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ever look close at the new Tracker brand of ATV's? Not hard to tell they are made by Polaris, a lot of similaities, parts & motors. But look even cheaper to me. Bass Pro & Cabelas has them as well as Tracker boat dealers around here. Of course the Tracker Brand name is owned by Bass Pro Shops.
I cant say that i have ever looked at them. When it comes to quads IMO Yamaha is the best then Honda/Suzuki. All else follows for reliability so I never even batted an eye at them.

Reactions: Bearsixty7

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
In opinion they look more like Artic cat atv clones.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Reactions: Zrt1200 and Vincent

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
OK, So this goes all the way back to 08 with the rider forward chassis which was settled at one time and now it reared its ugly head again for some reason. Apparently BRP & Its lawyers did not like the ruling back then and kept at it. Oh well thats sleds and this is a quad forum. Thanks for the info.
This is not good news for Yamaha sled owners running the pro cross chassis in Canada and looking to buy a new Winder this fall, Textron has given a bullsh#t statement, interesting to hear how Yamaha will react and give a statement to their customers on this matter.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is not good news for Yamaha sled owners running the pro cross chassis in Canada and looking to buy a new Winder this fall, Textron has given a bullsh#t statement, interesting to hear how Yamaha will react and give a statement to their customers on this matter.
Hopefully they will allow them to be bought in the states and brought home to Canada. I never heard of stopping imports over a deal like this though. Something sounds fishy IMO.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
487 Posts
They are Cat clones, Textron has a deal with Tracker.
Really? The Tracker 570 at the Cables here the motor looks identical to my buddies Sportsman 570

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
They could be, I read in one of my snowmobile mags that Textron/Cat was going to be supplying for the tracker line of atv/utvs, it showed a picture of one rolling of the Cat line, Polaris could be also suppling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Really? The Tracker 570 at the Cables here the motor looks identical to my buddies Sportsman 570
the engines dont look anything alike one is a single overhead cam, the other is dohc (polaris)... the tracker quads are rebadged arctic cats, just as stated before

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue in Alaska. I've got a buddy looking for a new rig and they are pretty much all gone with no idea when more will be arriving.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I stopped at the same dealer today. They now have a Kodiak 450 EPS SE and a SXS 1000. He said they both have a deposit so they are pending. I notice he has 2 of the 10 Textrons left in stock.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
May have my 550 sold so I've been visiting dealers. Though limited they all had the blue 2020 EPS Grizzly I desire, but they are all nearly 14K$ OTD without anything! Not even a winch!!!! That's rediculious....

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
487 Posts
May have my 550 sold so I've been visiting dealers. Though limited they all had the blue 2020 EPS Grizzly I desire, but they are all nearly 14K$ OTD without anything! Not even a winch!!!! That's rediculious....
Really Vincent? Selling the 550? Wow you have a lot invested into the ol girl.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts