Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Really Vincent? Selling the 550? Wow you have a lot invested into the ol girl.
Lol! Yes and no.

Baught it used 8 years old with 2.5K of add ons for 5.5 k $ ( all Canadian $) rode It hard for nearly 6000 miles (total nearly 9000 on OD ). I'm potentially selling it to one of my best friends. So him, his wife and kids will benefits of my rock solid , much loved, and long term proven 550 Grizz...

But this is all based on me finding a good upgrade / replacement for my current much loved 09 Grizz

So I'm mainly looking for used 14 - 15 Grizzlys. As the prices for new "plain" EPS Grizzly in my area is 14K$.... Witch is just retarded!!!!

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Lol! Yes and no.

Baught it used 8 years old with 2.5K of add ons for 5.5 k $ ( all Canadian $) rode It hard for nearly 6000 miles (total nearly 9000 on OD ). I'm potentially selling it to one of my best friends. So him, his wife and kids will benefits of my rock solid , much loved, and long term proven 550 Grizz...

But this is all based on me finding a good upgrade / replacement for my current much loved 09 Grizz

So I'm mainly looking for used 14 - 15 Grizzlys. As the prices for new "plain" EPS Grizzly in my area is 14K$.... Witch is just retarded!!!!
You are upgrading, well at least you can keep a eye on your 550 your friend buys from you, you do have alot invested in the 550 though, not sure how easy it will be for you to find a mint 14-15 Griz with low km's or even better a new 15 leftover that has been sitting at a dealer, prices for a new one are crazy here in Canada, well.. good luck, happy hunting.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm in no rush nor is my buddy. Even if it takes many months I'm good with that. Heck maybe by fall dealers will start wising up and offer better deals before the 2021 models start rolling in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
14K is hard to swallow. That is why I bought a low mileage used one. I saved about 4-5K buying one with 314 miles on it.

I hope you can find a good 14-15 at a reasonable price. I almost bought one my self. But so far I have no regrets getting my 17

You know what's not funny. Every Yamaha SXS has fully adjustable shocks, the sport quads have fully adjustable shocks but the Kodiak's & Grizzly's don't.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
It would certainly open more doors if I was a more open minded twords the 708 engines. Many good, low mileage 17 and 18s around to choose from.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Going to check out a black and red 2019 Grizzly LE on Monday. Private sell, so no stealership fees! Bike only has 1200 kms.

These are random Internet photos of the model in question.

Wish me luck boys!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
514 Posts
Very nice. That model have 14” wheels?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yup 14x8" wheels 27 x10" Zilla's at all four corners

Not at all my style of wheels and tire combo to be honest.
Well if you buy it your buying it for the bike as I you know where you can get some 9 X 12 Pitbull's. Just swap them out before you sell yours. And your Grizzly uses the same primary sheave as the 19 so you could swap that out as well.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Well if you buy it your buying it for the bike as I you know where you can get some 9 X 12 Pitbull's. Just swap them out before you sell yours. And your Grizzly uses the same primary sheave as the 19 so you could swap that out as well.

I'm keeping my 26" x9 Growler and 6" aluminum wheels set up. I'll will be transferring them to the 19 Grizzly as will my machined sheave. All this was already planned ahead. I'll give the fancy 14 wheels and zillas tires an honest try and see how things go.

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
514 Posts
Going to check out a black and red 2019 Grizzly LE on Monday. Private sell, so no stealership fees! Bike only has 1200 kms.

These are random Internet photos of the model in question.

Wish me luck boys!
So what’s the scoop Vincent? Did you buy it?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
So what’s the scoop Vincent? Did you buy it?
He lost his ownerships and needs to get new ones made. Thankfully that was disclosed BEFORE I drove 600 kms round trip.... He was very apologetic about it, and asked if I could be patient for a week or so to sort this out.

Told him sure, keep me posted.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
At least he let you know. I drove 400 miles round trip and the guy sold it the night before and he didn't even bother to tell me after I had texted him I was on my way. Boy was I Pissed.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
At least he let you know. I drove 400 miles round trip and the guy sold it the night before and he didn't even bother to tell me after I had texted him I was on my way. Boy was I Pissed.
Exactly that. I've heard of that Crap MANY times! Sorry to hear that!
But yes in my case, nothing has gone south like that... Yet!....

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Dealers teach the salesman to let any customer heading their way to keep coming, you might take something else.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dealers teach the salesman to let any customer heading their way to keep coming, you might take something else.
This wasn't a dealer. It was a private seller. It has happened to me twice and my boy 3 times in the last 5-6 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thought not 100% for sure it seems possible that I'll be picking up this beauty today!
Nice choice, I have that exact model. :p(y)

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
916 Posts
@Vincent - That's a great looking machine. Hope this deal works out for you!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts