Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Grizzled
3,568 Posts
@Vincent Good luck with that as it does look nice. And when you'e feeling like the drive is taking too long, consider that I drove 2100 KMs, round trip, to pick up my 14 Grizzly :eek:

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
@Vincent Good luck with that as it does look nice. And when you'e feeling like the drive is taking too long, consider that I drove 2100 KMs, round trip, to pick up my 14 Grizzly :eek:
Your nuts! Lol

·
Grizzled
3,568 Posts
Your nuts! Lol
You have no idea :LOL:

As you know, low mileage (kilometage :p) 2014/15 Grizzly 700s are getting harder to find. I am seeing 2014/15 come up for sale, but they have significantly more miles, are beat up or have snorkels and lots of mods on them. I wanted something that was pretty much untouched mechanically and electrically... and cabin fever told me, road trip!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
New bike is home safe and sound. Old 12 year Ridgeline kicked ass for 600 kms round trip and alot was at 110 -125 kmh speeds loaded with the new grizz. Even seller said "Where's your trailer!!???". lol. I replied "Why do I need a trailer?"

This thing is almost show room clean!!! Damn well near mint condition for a 2019 Grizz with 1300 kms, 75 hrs total.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Congrats, that is a very nice looking Griz Vincent, its the LE, looks like you have a plow mount on the front also, I must say Vincent the more I look at your new Griz I think it has to be one of the nicest looking Griz's I have seen in a while, Great find!!

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
514 Posts
X2 on great find. Beautiful Grizzly. I love the black & red combo. Looks like it’s already set up like your 550 with the windshield and second seat cargo box.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Congrats on the New Grizzly. It looks like new!! I see it has a few extra's on it. We need more info on the extra's.

·
Grizzled
3,568 Posts
Yeah, envious of what appears to be the fitted, heated seat cover. Also, I really like the 16+ Grizzly seats compared to the previous chassis!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, envious of what appears to be the fitted, heated seat cover. Also, I really like the 16+ Grizzly seats compared to the previous chassis!
That's the heated seat cover that comes with the LE model.

·
Grizzled
3,568 Posts
I did forget the LE model was including that heated seat cover. I know it is also sold as a Yamaha aftermarket product, only fits the Grizzly 2016+ seat as I was curious in buying one made for the previous years... Yamaha doesn't offer one :(

Reactions: saskydude

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
514 Posts
Espanola. Scored it for 11k$!
Strange how people spend so much money on something like this nice Grizzly and sell them a year or two later. He must have liked it he did put some kilometers on it, but life happens and other priorities and or expenses or struggles come along.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Always figured these huge 14x8" wheels offered on SE and LEs were a gimmick. Yup they are! With ZERO rim protection they are left very vulnerable to damage. This was after my first 2 miles of riding ......This does not happened with my 12x6" wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Exactly, if I was buying another new bike and all that was offered were 14s, there would be a deal in the works for some 12s before I signed the paperwork. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
514 Posts
Always figured these huge 14x8" wheels offered on SE and LEs were a gimmick. Yup they are! With ZERO rim protection they are left very vulnerable to damage. This was after my first 2 miles of riding ......This does not happened with my 12x6" wheels
You have a extra set of wheels and Pit Bull’s to put on it don’t you?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You have a extra set of wheels and Pit Bull’s to put on it don’t you?
Certainly and they will be going on this new Bike.

Also these Zilla's only have 600 miles and have noticibly less bite then my old 4000 mile Growlers. . Parts of our trails have steep hills. Over and over I needed 4wd to climb them today with the Zillas. Jump on my 550 and the OLD Growlers make it up every Hill in 2wd. I'm not overly imprest with the Zillas for dry trail traction.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well at least you tried those 14" Zilla's and now you know about the traction. How was the ride?? Let us no after putting the pitbull's on for ride comparison. As for your rim damage my stock rears have some marks and a gouge on them as well from lack of rim protection of the factory tires.

Can you tell any power difference?? 550 with machined sheave VS stock 700??

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Well at least you tried those 14" Zilla's and now you know about the traction. How was the ride?? Let us no after putting the pitbull's on for ride comparison. As for your rim damage my stock rears have some marks and a gouge on them as well from lack of rim protection of the factory tires.

Can you tell any power difference?? 550 with machined sheave VS stock 700??
Overall the zillas ride well actually and the suspension is much improved over the 09s. And yes major power difference between the old 558 and the new super smooth, responsive, and torquey 686!

Reactions: Zrt1200
41 - 60 of 63 Posts