Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here who stores their ATV outside?

I've got a 2003 Grizzly, and an old rotting storage building that leaks badly. My garage is full with my wife's car and a bass boat, so the old storage building is my only option. I bought an ATV cover that I use to cover it, because of the leaking storage building, and the fact that one side of the building is open anyway.

My real question is does anybody store their ATV outside, and how does it do? What kind of cover do you use, if you use one at all? Could I store my Grizzly outside with a cove on it and it would be okay?

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I'd build a shed for it myself. No way would I store it outside but that's just me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My grizzly is in the garage.....my wife's car is outside. It has been like that since I bought the grizzly new.

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
Mice will cause more damage than the sun or elements.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
Storing it outdoors is inviting a multitude of problems IMO. I'd find a way to put it inside. However, once in awhile when we are expecting severe weather, a machine or two will spend the night on the back porch but that makes me nervous as hell. Better than a bunch of hail damage on my truck, though.

C

·
0 Posts
Turn off the key, and leave it. Check it out now and then, but its not a big deal.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My old Kodiak 400 under a Cabela's ATV camo cover and black bear gaurd!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My old Kodiak 400 under a Cabela's ATV camo cover and black bear gaurd!

I've got a cover similar to that. Did your cover protect the ATV well?

My shed is falling to pieces, and I just don't have the money to build a new one at the moment. Plus, we may try to move in 2-3 years, and I don't want to build a new building just to give it up when we move.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If the roof is falling in, your probably better off outside. If it was me the car would be outside, they handle the weather better

·
Registered
167 Posts
I upgraded my basement door to a double door and cleared some space so I could bring one inside. Then built a shed for the other one and the stuff I moved. Filled both with more worthless stuff and now park the 16k worth of four wheelers outside. :) One year I bothered to throw a tarp over them, then it froze to the ground and I ruined a perfectly good tarp trying to get them out. Don't bother with that anymore either. Both machines still look pretty new to me, but I haven't really cleaned them up in a while to inspect exactly how well they are holding up. The exhaust pipes look like crap I can tell you that.

Not the shed I built for one, this shed got turned into a chicken coup. But you get the idea. These machines sit outside in this all winter.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Expensive machine mine sits in a heated garage.lf I were you I'd put a cover on it like buddy has in the pic.Make sure you hide it aswell don't want it stolen either.ld also worry about mice and rats they love wires and make you go bald trying to figure out wiring issues when the start gnawing.A rat got into my garage and chewed all the wires in my 5.0 mustang it was a nightmare to figure it out but in the end I won haha rat poising works wonders

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have three Grizzlys and since I dont have a garage I have no choice but to park them outside but each one has a cover over them. Since we dont get blizzards or real bead weather here it works so far. But I really would have them inside though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine and my wifes get stored in their enclosed snowmoblie trailer...always ready to go... uploadfromtaptalk1445809985902.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
I temporary stored my quad outside during the summer until I got a shed built. Personally I wouldn't do it but if you must cover it up good.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Both of ours are stored outside, we don't have anywhere else to store them. They both have covers, which help with UV but are only water resistant, so they get a little wet when it rains... but they're alright for the time being.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts