Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have QBT446 tires (27 x 11 R12 in rear and 27 x 9 R12 in front).

Tire pressure in front is 8 psi, and 5 and 7 in rear (ie., haven’t adjusted coming out of winter yet this year).

Took the wheeler out on blacktop, and it felt very squirmy (unstable) after hitting 35 mph, as though I had to struggle and be very calm not to tip or wipe out.

Anyone running these tires? If so, what psi do you use?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I don't know anything about that tire. You are likely getting bad driving response because the back tires have unequal pressure.
In general always have the tire pressure equal side to side Like both fronts at 6psi and both rears at 6psi
Start with 6psi in all tires. Ride it then adjust if you need to.

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts

Tire pressure in front is 8 psi, and 5 and 7 in rear (ie., haven’t adjusted coming out of winter yet this year).

Took the wheeler out on blacktop, and it felt very squirmy (unstable) after hitting 35 mph, as though I had to struggle and be very calm not to tip or wipe out.

That is a quadboss tire, every one of those I've seen has been a very firm tire, further than any other 8ply. Your pressure is most likely way too high and definitely uneven, and that will lead to your squirmy feel, especially on asphalt. Drop all 4 tires to around 4.5 to 5.5 and try that. It's fine to have different pressure between front and rear, but side to side on same axel should be same in pressure.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Lower air pressure and maybe check your toe ? Could've knocked it out and forgot you hit something last year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts