Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a dealer that sells PitBull tires and will send them mounted on rims (Preferably ITP Rims) ? I am not very close to the dealer and don't want to mount them myself. I want to buy these tires with new wheels but might end up going big horn's if I cant find a way to buy them mounted. Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks jfer. That is what I was looking for. Now one final question. I have read all of the wheel threads but I need one final explanation on offset. I want to make my quad wider and more stable, at least 2 or 3 inches. Can someone remind me again how to understand the offset numbers 4+3 for example? Also what is the recommended offset to widen the stance without breaking something.

Also, For those of you that have Pitbulls... Are you guys using 12" or 14" rims. I am trying to pull the trigger but cant decide what size to buy. We do mostly trail riding and hit mud holes that are on the trail. Trails are rocky and hard pack with some coal sand. Thanks!

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
The ITP SS series wheels 7" wide (5+2) actually measure 4+3 so the ITP wheels alone will increase rear track width by 1.5" (stock rear wheel is 7.5" wide, 5.25+2.25 backspacing on a 550/700) and with the addition of 11" or 12" wide rear tire will increase total rear track width by 3.5 to 4.5 inches. The stock rear Dunflop is only 9" wide by actual measurement. With a 4+3 backspace the inside portion is 4" from the wheel mounting surface to the bead mounting surface and the outside is 3". I'm running SS 108's with 26" BH 2.0's and 1" spacers. My rear track width is right at 50" and it's very stable on off cambers.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Hey guys with the type riding he described which pitbull would yall reccomend the rockers or the growlers? Wandering myself!

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
Hey guys with the type riding he described which pitbull would yall reccomend the rockers or the growlers? Wandering myself!
I would go with the Rockers. This might be my next set of tires.:peace:

·
Banned
489 Posts
According to Pitbull, ROCKER is probably the toughest, most versatile Multi Conditions ATV/UTV Radial tire on the market, and GROWLER is probably the toughest, most versatile Mud, Snow, Sand & Trail Conditions Directional ATV/UTV Radial tire on the market.

That being said if I were to buy a set based on my type of riding, trails rocks, and some ocassional mud I would go with the Rockers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ITP SS series wheels 7" wide (5+2) actually measure 4+3 so the ITP wheels alone will increase rear track width by 1.5" (stock rear wheel is 7.5" wide, 5.25+2.25 backspacing on a 550/700) and with the addition of 11" or 12" wide rear tire will increase total rear track width by 3.5 to 4.5 inches. The stock rear Dunflop is only 9" wide by actual measurement. With a 4+3 backspace the inside portion is 4" from the wheel mounting surface to the bead mounting surface and the outside is 3". I'm running SS 108's with 26" BH 2.0's and 1" spacers. My rear track width is right at 50" and it's very stable on off cambers.
That is great info. Thanks! I am going to go with the 25.5's on my 550 t okeep the weight down and they only offer 8" or 10" wide. Would it be over kill to go with the ITP 4+3 wheel? It almost sounds like that would be exactly what you have without the spacers correct? Thanks again!

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
:rocker:That will be a great combo but adding 1" spacers will give you even more stability! You can find spacers on Ebay by XXBILLIT1XX for about $80.00. They are high quality. They are a great investment if you ride any off camber trails, and you will sooner or later! If you get the spacers be sure to apply some locktite to the studs in the spacers before installing. This will prevent the spacer studs from turning when installing and removing lug nuts.
The 26" BH 2.0's I'm running are 11" wide in the rear and 9" wide in the front with SS 108's and 1" wheel spacers.

·
Ron
3,076 Posts
26.5 Rockers on 12" ITP SS112 rims widened my 700's stance almost 6" in the rear. I don't think I would ever put spacers on with these tires. Very Stable and wear like iron!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts