·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Now that's buried. Have fun with that....lol

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
No winch?
The C.V.T. exhaust may have let water in the cover.
If pulled up and out, there may not be water in the intake so check the air intake while draining the cover before hitting the start button.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts

·
Vendor
717 Posts
Funs over now the work begins. I've been there. My wife rolled mine completely upside down in a pond. She was riding behind me, I looked back and all I saw were 4 tires floating and a skid plate. I was sick. Pulled it right to the trailer. Not worth messing with out on the trail. Take it home and do it right. Drain all the fluids. Flush the motor with diesel. I turned my motor over with a drill to get the diesel worked in. With the plug out, it turned over no problem. Get some cheap oil and start cycling it through. I went through about 25 quarts before the oil came out non milky. Only at that point, I put the plug in and actually ran the motor. Lots of good threads on here, with step by step if you need it. Biggest thing is don't try to start it until you are 100% certain all the grit and water is out of the cylinder and crankcase.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
1- I sympathize with you and do not envy your upcoming task detailed by 401.
2- You simply can not post something like that and not give the back story. That's just rude.
3- Now, tell us the story and let's get that thing fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so here's my story, there's a river, named the tensas, a few miles from us that I like riding on. It was up a bit just out of it's banks and I was playing around there Saturday evening. I went to go around a tree branch and I had to drive about a foot away from the water, ( it was was a little slick ). When I tried to go around the branch I spun out a bit and slid down to the water I was like uh oh so I put it in 4 wd difflock turned all the way and tried just ease it out but as u can see that didn't work.
Yep Ridgeway no winch ( yes I know I need one) but I have a custom intake with no airbox lid so yes the intake is full of water.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I suggest you get a winch. I had a simular situation this past spring where my bike slid left side into a deep swamp and the other side stayed on the icy snow covered trail. My quad was just titering on the edge of a roll over just like you experienced. Thankfully there was a small tree 45 degrees to my right. With a little throttle in low range, 4 wheel lock, wheel cranked to the right, the winch pulling twards the trail and me standing on the right foot peg to counter balance, I managed to get her out without a catastrophic roll over. It scared the hell out of me though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it I think I could have done the same, but I haven't ever need one very badly tell now. I think I'll get one now though.?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so here's the bad part , couldn't get it pulled out Saturday night so it was about 6:00 tonight before we got it pulled out. I sure hope nothing lectronic sufferd. I have all the the connecters pulled apart and dring overnight. I flushed it a couple of times with diesel and letting everything drip overnight before I start flushing oil though it tomorrow.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Ok so here's my story, there's a river, named the tensas, a few miles from us that I like riding on. It was up a bit just out of it's banks and I was playing around there Saturday evening. I went to go around a tree branch and I had to drive about a foot away from the water, ( it was was a little slick ). When I tried to go around the branch I spun out a bit and slid down to the water I was like uh oh so I put it in 4 wd difflock turned all the way and tried just ease it out but as u can see that didn't work.
Yep Ridgeway no winch ( yes I know I need one) but I have a custom intake with no airbox lid so yes the intake is full of water.
Bummer! Get'er flushed out and get back to riding!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I flushed it out with 4gal of diesel and then 2gal of oil before it came out non milky. After sitting mostly under water for 46hr she fired up the first try and ran better than ever LONG LIVE THE GRIZZLY!!!

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts