Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a bunch of fantastic information on sway bars. I'm a dummy I can't seem to get the nuts lose to remove the sway bar. Any help would be welcome

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
:)
Righty to tighty, lefty to loosey.......
I have used a small hand held impact driver and a hammer for small jobs.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
:)
Righty to tighty, lefty to loosey.......
I have used a small hand held impact driver and a hammer for small jobs.
That's why you never date a left handed girl.....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I seen a u tube video on sway bar removal, look under the maritimer . He's got a bunch of videos
Maritimer does some very nice vids. He's about 2 hrs from my home town where i grew up back in New Brunswick.
Great atv overnight camping vids, and local craft beers.

·
Premium Member
8,877 Posts
The sway bar delete is really great on the trail.
It gets a little crazy on high speed hard pack, gravel roads and blacktop. Lots of body roll. Stand up and lean to counter the roll. Disconnect one side for a test.
X2 the Allen socket in the bolt end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know what Yamaha used to put my sway bar on one side came loose with work the other side I used a long cheater pipe and worked it awhile and lots of wd40 then it broke loose. The link snapped now the bar is off but 1/2 of the link is still on swing arm. Would it be acceptable to leave that there? Appears to be out of the way not interfering with movement. Dont know how to post pictures.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Don't know what Yamaha used to put my sway bar on one side came loose with work the other side I used a long cheater pipe and worked it awhile and lots of wd40 then it broke loose. The link snapped now the bar is off but 1/2 of the link is still on swing arm. Would it be acceptable to leave that there? Appears to be out of the way not interfering with movement. Dont know how to post pictures.
Your first issue was using Wd40. Lol
I give up on that as a lubricant 20 years ago. It's great for cleaning parts and getting rid of moisture. Do yourself a huge favor fit working on your bike and pick up a can of fluid film or most any other good lube & penetrating oil.

As for your link still attached, it should be fine just leaving it there, the worst that could really hapoen is it hits a rock and gets bent up some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts