Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I took the new 21 XTR out for her first ride yesterday. Had a great day out but was really surprised how hot the center storage got. I heard others talking about it warming up but wow this thing was HOT! Has anyone tried using any type of heat shield tape? I was really surprised my phone didn’t shut down from the heat.

·
Premium Member
10,911 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Other have used many types of heat shielding tapes, give'r a try. some have even wrapped the exhaust pipe with....what's the stuff called?....not asbestos but does the same thing, to get the heat out the back more.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ok so I took the new 21 XTR out for her first ride yesterday. Had a great day out but was really surprised how hot the center storage got. I heard others talking about it warming up but wow this thing was HOT! Has anyone tried using any type of heat shield tape? I was really surprised my phone didn’t shut down from the heat.
I have actually had my phone do a thermal shutdown when stored in there. My plan is to put a layer of dei heat shield on it when I do the plastics along the exhaust.
On a positive note, McDonalds cheese burgers stay just as hot after 6hrs in there as they were fresh of the grill. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next time I’m out I may wrap a big ole tater in aluminum foil, should be good after about 40 miles!

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
The heat is great for drying gloves. I only use the compartment for maps, gloves. Items that heat will not bother.
Food and water in the cargo box.
Phone in pocket. If you roll it you may not be able to get you phone out. Same if you have a remote for your winch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The hot storage box is one of our favorite features, never eat cold trailside food again! Bratwurst, spahgetti(sp), pulled pork, almost all of our leftovers go in there. Sometimes we will prewarm them in microwave if we have a lot. And as Reo says great place to dry out your gloves!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Like mine the way it is, Never gets overly hot but it keep everything nice and warm even in snow season. Downside is that is the ONLY storage on my Kodiak so I added a small "pelican" style box to put water/snacks/phone in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts