Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 01 grizzly 600 with an oil leak. I cleaned it up and found where the oil was leaking from too the tensioner case cap off and it fell apart in my hand almost like it had been glued together. I ordered a new one and put it on its still leaking. I've looked at the engine diagram and it doesn't show a gasket so I don't think its supposed to have one but I'm not sure why its still leaking. I plan on buying a new O ring tomorrow but I figured I may be able to get some advice on here. should I try a high temp gasket maker?

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I haven't had my hands on a 600, a few pictures might help us help you.
A tensioner case cap, what is that?

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK.....
Part #23 found here?
I would not use gasket seal on it, a new o-ring should work fine if the crank case pressure is normal.
How bad is the leak?
It was a steady drip. put a new O ring on it and doesn't appear to be leaking anymore. still smoking a little but I'm hoping its just burning off the oil from when it was leaking

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
It was engineered from the factory only needing the o-ring which seems to work now too. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
I would run some sea foam through the engine to clean any crap out that might be causing a problem before replacing the sensor/sending unit.
Start a new thread for this problem....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: It caught on fire from oil leaking on the exhaust manifold. Luckily we were able to put the fire out before it caused any serious damage!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts