Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Leavin' that stove behind?? Was that the deal maker?
I don't know but the buyers wrote us this very disingenuous letter about "how much they loved our house", blah, blah blah and then turned around and wanted to screw us without telling us they loved us :icon_ nono:

But yeah, the new semi-remodel with stove is staying.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
No kiss!

Good luck on your new venture!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Maybe consider a nice cargo trailer for the griz. Dual purpose!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
If our offer is accepted, which we were told verbally it was going to be, just need some non-pricing details worked out, then I will need to do some thinking. First I'll start by buying a nice 6-pack of good, "local" IPA and meander down to the creek, firmly planting my ass on the available sitting bench. Intention: need a bit of "me" time to relax, think and come up with absurdly crazy ideas. I'm really hopeful a coondog will visit, start up a conversation guiding me along, aka @Hammerhead style. However I'm a bit skeptical a 6-pack of good IPA will do the trick. I'm sure the ways of HH are not to be taken lightly, must-give-a-try as HH seems to be on a path of enlightenment, mostly. It's entirely possible I'm going to need to reach out to HH for that insight regarding talking to coondogs as previous life experiences have not provided. In the past, I've tried talking to standard dogs and all they seem to do is turn their heads and listen with the upmost attention. They just never respond back with much of any helpful advice other than "give me a treat" or some comfort!

Having put all that to paper, I'm really hoping the above spurs some thought as to where I'm gonna house the girl because no way I'm leaving the girl's wiring exposed to critters by sitting her outside.

If none of that is productive, day two I'm buying a good bottle of bourbon and maybe eyeballing a stogie, headed back down to sit quietly by the creek again, waiting for the next "experience" to happen. Build thoughts, I'm after them. Oh yeah. I've also got dumbwaiter thoughts cruising the brain cells. I might need to go buy a garage door opener and start cutting holes somewhere.

·
Premium Member
10,162 Posts
Use marshmallows and HH's coondogs will be right over.

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #166

·
Registered
169 Posts
No problem with the plumbing, it works just fine. Can evacuate the pipes just fIne :wink2:

Current house under contract but it was stressful, first world problems. Found a house nearby, 5 minutes away but is way more secluded, fronts a creek. Just need to find out WTH I'm going to house the Grizzly. I am most likely going to build a NICE shed for it.
While my toilet seems to be flushing better. I'm still unclear on what to do. What if I don't have a bathroom window? What do I do with the golf ball? Is it the vent line that I should unhook? New buyer's not saying I love you. Must of found them at bar closing time.:censored:

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
No more golf balls hitting the house.....that's no fun!

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
No more golf balls hitting the house.....that's no fun!
:cussing:

I can't wait to have "no fun". Just the other day my son's windshield was broken. That is on a used car, which we only carry collision on and recently bought the car, had the windshield replaced out of pocket. Windshield was not even 6 months old, now looks like hell. Of the 7 years I've lived at this location and all of the damage caused by entitled golfers, guess how many have approached my house asking if we were OK or that they may have caused damage? ( roughly 8 broken windows which cost on average $400 each, two dents in my truck hood, son's windshield, "PTSD" from "golfball" noises...

I won't miss living on a golf course, f'em!

I will be in a better state of mind soon :grin2:

Reactions: rwreuter

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Finally getting around to an update. We had to terminate the contract on the house that had the creek. That happened 1 1/2 weeks ago but was not happy about it. i was doing some research on the property and dug up the following information, which was not disclosed by the sellers even though they legally are supposed to disclose all past lawsuits and land rights issues.

Turns out that property had a lawsuit a number of years ago where a builder had dumped 20-30 truck loads of dirt/sand on the property with intent to build a land bridge on the property to access property on the other side of the creek. The land bridge would have destroyed 1/3 of the property and significantly increased traffic down what was currently the end of a one lane dirt road. Lawsuit judgement - in favor of the develop as they legally have a right to easement access to their property... which I can't blame them. The developer, along with family, have been buying up lots on the other side of the creek, now totaling 30+ lots. Most lots at 1 acre but many larger. Developer is planning to build 80 units. Again, somehow that was not important enough information to disclose as "it doesn't look like the developer is going through with it". I also found out many of the developer lots had Quit Claim Deed updates done March of 2019 where the developer has changed the name of the company.

Good news is we are under contract for the purchase of a different home now, just got back from the house and well inspection. Looking good so far and we are fast tracking the closing. I thought I was going to be homeless but the sellers are going to let us move in before the closing date. This house has a separated apartment with tenants to where we will allow them plenty of time to move out after the house closes. It all kind of worked out.

And @rwreuter, yes, there is ample space to rest your new TT on my soon to be property. Now comes the 'fun' of moving.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
Congrats!

Now comes the 'fun' of moving.
Pack your stuff and then hire that moving fun out. That's some of the best money I ever spent!

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Congrats!

Pack your stuff and then hire that moving fun out. That's some of the best money I ever spent!
Thanks! We have started the packing 2 weeks ago as it's a good time for purging too. I've got a large storage spot we've been loading boxes into and a pod on the driveway right now. Second pod waiting for when the first is full. Some movers are booked to show up this Sat morning to help move the heavy stuff into the pod. I'll do the same thing next weekend.

And you're right that spending the money on movers is well worth it. We certainly aren't paying them to outright move everything, but at least we are paying to move the heavy stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Moving is big pita..Good luck with all of it RR.

Saw @rwreuter toy hauler yesterday. Nice!

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
Thanks! We have started the packing 2 weeks ago as it's a good time for purging too. I've got a large storage spot we've been loading boxes into and a pod on the driveway right now. Second pod waiting for when the first is full. Some movers are booked to show up this Sat morning to help move the heavy stuff into the pod. I'll do the same thing next weekend.

And you're right that spending the money on movers is well worth it. We certainly aren't paying them to outright move everything, but at least we are paying to move the heavy stuff.
Yep. That’s what I did. No sense in paying them to carry light stuff. I just had them get the stuff that would have me (and the three blown disks in my back) on the sick list for a week.

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Time to resurface this post, you know, just because...

Well, for us yankees, it is a holiday weekend coming up

Superbowl Weekend. Time to sip a few

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well... I'm half full tonight so I hope this fits for now.

The Mrs is gone all week for work and I'm trying to work along with two sick young ones for the past 3 days - for what it's worth, I'm ornery! Might as well talk a bit. Any of you have advice for a step-dad trying to teach is 15 yr old step-son that there's such a thing as respectful behavior without necessarily having respect for someone? Here's the deal... my step-son is a total prick to everyone in our household and he expects a 25 minute ride everyday to his dad's house after school so he can play Fortnight since his dad does absolutely no discipline or provides guidance/boundaries. I've been fighting this battle for a long time (with her for 10+ years), but as of a couple days ago, I'm DONE even pretending to cater to the kid's "needs" as I'm tired of his $%&# and his poor attitude. He's a manipulative, entitled little prick! The last straw was when he threw a glass of water in his 6 yr old brother's face a couple of nights ago "just because he's annoying!" Most of this sort of thing is done just to get my goat so to speak and I'm getting better at fending this off. For the record, I'm old school and grew up on a farm. I would have been thrown out of the house for some of the stuff he's pulled but his mom's all about peace. This leaves me pretty handcuffed.

The conversation I would like to have with him would go something like this: "Do you know that there is something like respectful behavior without necessarily having respect for someone? You see, take your dad and I for example.... I have NO respect for him as a man or as a human, yet I can find it within myself to treat him kindly in an effort to be respectful..."

Let'r rip tater chip!

161 - 180 of 199 Posts