Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently joined the club, had previously been using a car trailer to haul the four grizzlies that we have and was ready for somewhere to sleep now as well. Getting tired of hotels and tents! I will be putting a/c and electrical in this one and welcome other ideas and pictures of how anyone else has there's set up. (E track too)

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
I'm not fancy, 7x7x16 V-nosed so....
I have a box in the front for storing cook gear and a fold down platform to sleep on.
The gas grill is loaded last and tied to wall hooks.

Reactions: venom97

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Been cargo camping for a few years. Just picked up this 8.5x24' last week.

Started converting it into a camper a couple days ago. Going to park it on a seasonal site in NM

Keeping the 14' boondocking conversion

Solar added last year

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been cargo camping for a few years. Just picked up this 8.5x24' last week. Started converting it into a camper a couple days ago. Going to park it on a seasonal site in NM
View attachment 98187
Very NICE! I am debating on insulating though... a lot of work and I haven't looked into cost yet either. We normally just do weekend trips and would only be in it to sleep. I guess I just keep thinking that it may be ok but if I don't I know that I will wish I did!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm working on getting a 6x12 enclosed with a side man door and barn doors on the back. Sold my 5x7 utility trailer last week, and went directly to the trailer dealer to pick up the enclosed, and the other salesman had sold the last 3 that morning without knowing my guy was holding one for me. Now I have approximately a month wait for new stock.
The good part of the deal, they had 4 leftover 2019 models still in stock, clearanced priced..... Now I'm getting a 2021 for the same price!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well after waiting and waiting for new stock to come in, no luck, so at the same time, watching the classified ads. Keeping an eye for either a 6x12 or a 6x10, either ramp or barn doors. Want too fussy with the exception of I didn't want the inside to be all stained with grease & oil, as I intend to paint it and use it dual purpose, haul the bike age be able to camp in it. Well I stumbled upon a 6x10, ramp with V nose. An old man used it to store his atv at a storage place because they wouldn't allow gas powered vehicles in the storage building due to insurance reasons.
I got an 8yo trailer that is in near mint condition, already painted inside... Saved $2400 vs buying it new.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Very NICE! I am debating on insulating though... a lot of work and I haven't looked into cost yet either. We normally just do weekend trips and would only be in it to sleep. I guess I just keep thinking that it may be ok but if I don't I know that I will wish I did!
I would recommend insulating it before you add much interior finish. Upon removing the plywood liner I found several holes that mice could get through and others that may invite moisture in.
Been making good progress installed the windows and nearly ready to put up the finished ceiling. Have most of the equipment need in the garage while some is back ordered. Sorry haven't taken many pictures.

Insulation,windows and plywood liner installed. To avoid wall and floor penetration all wire and water lines will be installed in the curved area covered by a cornice/soffit.

My union man holding the window in while I screw the trim ring on.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Union man, around her we say that's a government worker. Lol

I plan on insulating it some eventually. There isn't really any interior work going into it other than some 120v light strip and 2 better 12v lights. I'm on the lookout for some windows, they aren't cheap. It will most likely get recycled one for olfer campe trailers, as around here, a lot of people buy old trailers, gut them and convert to ice fishing huts.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
If it was government there would be 5 guys watching.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Just installed a locking door latch yesterday. I'll have to boot their a$$es out today.

Reactions: CanadianKodiak700

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Just bringing this up as I think I mentioned this to reogem in the past. I replaced my travel trailer's door window with one of these - RV Entry Doors. Made it much nicer to be able to see through the door and also allowed for opening the window, added ventilation. If you go to that link, they also sell replacement RV windows but I have no idea if those windows are reasonably priced. I felt the door window was reasonable but it was the only one at the time, so no real price comparison to be had.

Reactions: venom97 and reogem

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just bringing this up as I think I mentioned this to reogem in the past. I replaced my travel trailer's door window with one of these - RV Entry Doors. Made it much nicer to be able to see through the door and also allowed for opening the window, added ventilation. If you go to that link, they also sell replacement RV windows but I have no idea if those windows are reasonably priced. I felt the door window was reasonable but it was the only one at the time, so no real price comparison to be had.
Yeah they are out to lunch with those prices. Lol
I can't even find it they will ship to Canada.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
If it was government there would be 5 guys watching.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
LOL, They are inside having a meeting deciding when to have a meeting, on double time paid of course, nice trailers, I like the dual atv and camping concept, great idea.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Where did you buy your windows? And what was the price on one of them. What size are they?

I bought the windows and some other parts and pieces from Recpro here is a link Recpro
They can be found on Amazon also.
Nearly all of the RV camper parts are made in Indiana and that is a problem for our Canadian friends.
These windows are 24"x 24"

Reactions: CanadianKodiak700

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Just bringing this up as I think I mentioned this to reogem in the past. I replaced my travel trailer's door window with one of these - RV Entry Doors......
I am considering a small operating window in the door. I see them for about $85.00

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Got the ceiling all insulated, wired and firred out. Hope to install the paneling on the ceiling today.

We need to enlist two of those workers for this part of the build.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Yeah they are out to lunch with those prices. Lol
Yeah, I hadn't looked at standard window pricing from them, but you're right that the prices seem high although most everything seems available as custom order including the option for double pane glass. Really surprised at that pricing as I always thought the entry door replacement window was fairly reasonable and still do. The link reogem provided is definitely more reasonable however that site doesn't seem to have a comparable replacement entry door window that opens, so hard to tell for a price comparison. I absolutely wanted a door window that opened on my TT to help with cross ventilation with the door closed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts