Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is alot of love for ITP wheels around here and understandably so, but I have found some wheel options from Moose and STI that I really like.

Want to know if any of you have experience/opinions on their wheels? I see that STI has lifetime warranty and moose has 1 year... Just looking for some input.

Thank you

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a set of ITP wheels on my Grizzly and a set of STI wheels on my Wolverine. I don't have any complaints or issues with either one. I have never had Moose wheels but I like the fact that the other brands have a lifetime warranty. That was a factor in my decision on both purchases.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would not hesitate in buying STI wheels. I looked at aftermarket seriously for about two months and although I never got some I fell in love with the STI HD dual bead lock wheels. The "no nonsense" look attracted me. If I were to buy new wheels moose would not even be in the running. STI, ITP, or a set of any of the new (2016+) Grizzly and Viking wheels have me wanting to find a good deal on them, although it seems everyone else loves them too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ive had STI wheels on my 07 and now on my 17 and absolutely love them. I have a few friends that have had to weld their ITP wheels due to rocks getting between the wheel scrapers and the wheels and it wore through the rim. The ITPs were 12s and I've been running 14s and that would make a little difference I guess....

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Ive had STI wheels on my 07 and now on my 17 and absolutely love them. I have a few friends that have had to weld their ITP wheels due to rocks getting between the wheel scrapers and the wheels and it wore through the rim. The ITPs were 12s and I've been running 14s and that would make a little difference I guess....
Tell your friends that are welding their ITP wheels that they carry a lifetime warranty against damage. I have had good luck with ITP and a couple of my buddies and my brother has STI and like em. I've had such bad luck with Moose products like bags , bearings etc. that I wouldn't trust the wheel quality without a good warranty. they do look good though.

Reactions: venom97

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tell your friends that are welding their ITP wheels that they carry a lifetime warranty against damage. I have had good luck with ITP and a couple of my buddies and my brother has STI and like em. I've had such bad luck with Moose products like bags , bearings etc. that I wouldn't trust the wheel quality without a good warranty. they do look good though.
Well. As I understand it, Moose wheels are basically Vision Wheels.
I came across Moose wheels while I searched for new wheels for my Grizz. At the Grizzly owners fb, someone posted a picture of his Grizzly and I thought that the wheels looked rather nice and asked if they were Moose 548's, "nope, Vision" and that's how I came across Vision.
I personally really like the looks of the 112 Assault, 548 Commander and the 550 Five-Fifty.
Moose does state that each wheel has been x-rayed for flaws (might be a Vision Wheels-thing).

/Kasper

·
Registered
261 Posts
After hearing jvictory1974's advise on ITP's warranty, I let my buddy know and he contacted ITP yesterday and they said to contact their warranty department and they will set him up with a new set of wheels. Very impressed with them and the proof they stand behind their products. Thank jvictory1974 and way to go to ITP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts