Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all... first post here... I've gotten a 2wd bike for my two little girls. I got it on a trade (traded a old ps3 for it). I did all my checks and I finally figured out it was a few teeth out of time.. when I took tensioner out somebody had welded a nut to the end..... :surprise: I plan to put new tensioner and chain on it but I cant figure out what year timberwolf I have.. and whats yalls opinion on replacing the chain? should I or shouldn't I? thanks. my name is Justin

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
All years of the Timberwolfs are the same. If you need parts, pick any year.
You need a new chain. Someone welded a nut on the tensioner because the chain was stretched out, bottoming out the tensioner. You now need to replace both.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Welcome to GC Justin and X2 on what Dezz said. If you want to know the year most of the Yamahas I've seen have a VIN number stamped on the frame behind the left front wheel. If you can get that number and call Yamaha they will give you any info you want and send you a free owners manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't guess I thought about it hats enough lol.. Now I feel like an idiot.. I knew me thinking they did it bc the tensioner was bad was making me think how did that even help lol.. I've been working too much I need sleep.. Thanks.. But I keep getting ymf250 and yb250.. I'll use the vin to Make sure.. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts