Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning it's time to replace the stator on my 95 Kodiak( works fine but the wires are pretty deteriorated ).The prices are all over the place from $30 to over $500 I don't want to spend more than I need to but don't want cheap junk either. What brands have you had good luck with??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning it's time to replace the stator on my 95 Kodiak( works fine but the wires are pretty deteriorated ).The prices are all over the place from $30 to over $500 I don't want to spend more than I need to but don't want cheap junk either. What brands have you had good luck with??

Thanks in advance
Most go with RM Stator. Very high quality, good service, quick shipping. If I remember right the stator for my 700 was $140 or $160.00. https://www.rmstator.com/en_ww/

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Thanks for the feedback that is one of the ones I was thinking about
The stator is a bit of a job to replace. Taking off plastic, draining oil and coolant, taking off the engine cover, scraping the gasket off, etc. etc. I would very highly recommend you do not go with something cheapo, or you will probably be doing it all again way sooner than you want to! How much is a oem Yamaha stator? I don't remember now, but it seems to me that they are a LOT more than the RM, and by every account that I read the RM is as good or better than the OEM.

Reactions: sjeccles

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
When the '07' 700 stator problems came to be, an extra oil line was part of the fix.
Maybe price differences are a result of something not included by one supplier over another.
Just throwing this out to look at what you are getting with each option, or not getting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stator is a bit of a job to replace. Taking off plastic, draining oil and coolant, taking off the engine cover, scraping the gasket off, etc. etc. I would very highly recommend you do not go with something cheapo, or you will probably be doing it all again way sooner than you want to! How much is a oem Yamaha stator? I don't remember now, but it seems to me that they are a LOT more than the RM, and by every account that I read the RM is as good or better than the OEM.
The OEM one is $521.00. My old 95 Kodiak is not as much trouble to replace as the newer ones but Still I do not want to get stranded out on the trail. I'm planning on going with RM Stator and I think I will even spend a couple more dollars and get the package deal that comes with gasket, coil and solenoid can never have to many spare parts.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The OEM one is $521.00. My old 95 Kodiak is not as much trouble to replace as the newer ones but Still I do not want to get stranded out on the trail. I'm planning on going with RM Stator and I think I will even spend a couple more dollars and get the package deal that comes with gasket, coil and solenoid can never have to many spare parts.

Thanks for the replies
Sounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I just read that again. S.M.O.G., $521????? Does that include the rest of the engine too? Or is the damn thing made out of platinum? Holy smokes! Now that would be fun if a guy had absolutely nothing else to do, figure out what a new Grizzly would cost if you bought all of the parts individually from Yamaha and put it all together, Bahhh, Haaa, Haaa!!! It would be like $50,000.00 or so at least, LOL!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts