Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in western NC and I own a 2014 Grizzly 450. Brown Mtn is about 30 mins from my house. Trail system hasn't been taken care of properly in years and everytime we ride there, equipment gets abused. Does anyone know of any other trail systems in NC or TN? I have read about one that's north of Knoxville TN. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’d like to know too. I’ll be back in Gatlinburg in April and was thinking about bringing my quad down for some trail riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
There's actually three systems north of knoxville. The three systems are Windrock Park, Brimstone, and Ride Royal Blue. They're all great systems and actually pretty big. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: stillmotion

·
Registered
449 Posts
Windrock park 72000 acres over 300 miles of trails. Brimstone not sure how big it is. And twra state land couple hundred thousand acres to ride. All pretty close to Knoxville TN

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Ride Royal Blue is about 40 mins north of Knoxville and has well over 200,000 acres of riding property. It is by far the easiest riding of the 3 if you stay on the mapped trails. They have plenty of lodging choices from primitive camping to cabins that sleep 10. It is my favorite place to ride and I've been to all 3 multiple times. The last time I was at Brimstone in 2016 the trails were horrible. There was 3 foot deep ruts on main green marked trails! Don't get me wrong there is some awesome riding there but I'm not going back till they work on the trails. Wind Rock is 72,000 acres I think and is rocky but some real good riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info. My grizzly is all stock and not up to rock crawling with factory tires. Sounds like wind rock is my next destination

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I agree completely with Jvictory1974. Ride royal blue is probably the most atv friendly out of all three systems. Like he stated, I won't be back to either Brimstone or Windrock until they take care of their trails. They're just too dangerous for an atv as far as I'm concerned. I actually earned my roll-over award at Windrock on trail 57. The problem is, these systems allow SERIOUS homemade rock-crawler vehicles, along with Jeeps of all sizes. So basically they get rutted out to a point they swallow ATV's whole. Straddle the rut and hopefully not fall into them or down ya go. Hope this info helps others!!!

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Thank you for the info. My grizzly is all stock and not up to rock crawling with factory tires. Sounds like wind rock is my next destination
If you are all stock and don't want to "rock crawl" I would highly recommend RRB over Windrock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last year my girlfriend and I went to brimstone for 3 days. Our 2 four wheelers were 2 of the 5 we saw all week. Everyone else was on side-by-sides and the trails showed it. Deep mud holes and large ruts made it a challenge for 700 sized machines with mud tires.

During the trip we rode one day at RRB, but it was raining most of the day.

Unless they’ve drastically improved the trails at brimstone you’ll have a frustrating trip to brimstone with a stock machine. RRB will be a better choice as long as it’s dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up! We really do not have any decent trails left in nc and I do not mind traveling to ride new spots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts