Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site and have a question regarding a new to me quad that i purchased yesterday. i have owned a 2008 Kodiak 450 and a 2009 grizzly 700 now my old grizzly i had 26' maxxis zilla's and no clutch kit it work great never had any issues with power or top speed i could religiously get anywhere from 95 to about 103 kph, so now i bought a 2014 grizzly 700 second hand and it has itp ss 212 rims and 26' mud lites as well as a emi clutch kit, so i took it out for a ride yesterday and i could only get 86 kph on pavement for a top speed. and i cant say for sure but it even feels like my old 2009 had more power... unfortunately i dont have that quad anymore to tell for sure! Any ideas on how to get a bit more out of this or is it what it is.... thx

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I bet the kit is your problem, do you know what the kit is for and what parts make up the kit?
I would count the ratio, then watch the belt movement to learn more without requiring the removal of the pulleys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the reply, i donot know what the kit was made up for and i am not convinced that i need the kit for only a 26" mudlite

1 - 3 of 3 Posts