Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

About a month ago, I adjusted the valve clearance on my 2007 yamaha grizzly. When I started it up, a code 13 came up (torque sensor). The power steering doesn't seem to be working, but most people say the eps light comes on and mine is not. The check engine light is on though and 13 comes up on the display. When I checked the resistance as per service manual, I did not get a reading of any sort, but I don't get a reading on my 2009 grizzly either, which has a working EPS. Do I need to remove the motor in order to check this plug? Do I need to unplug the EPS motor in order to test the Torque Sensor. Any thoughts on why this would have started when I checked the valves?

I tried putting WD40 down the vent tube, and even took the tube off and sprayed directly into the Motor. I tried cleaning the prongs on the plug for the Torque Sensor as well. Any cheaper aftermarket brands for the EPS motor?

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Adjusting the valves has nothing to do with a e.p.s. failure.
As for after market parts, never looked or remember anyone else posting one.

·
Premium Member
8,027 Posts
The EPS failures do not display a code number on the pod. You must ground the eps self diagnosic wire then count the eps light flashes. You will need a service manual to do this.

A 13 code display on the pod indicates an error with the intake air pressure sensor.

Reactions: eaglesj and dezz

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Possibly left something un plugged or bumped something accidently during valve adjustment? It's weird that it started after the work on it. I would be looking real close at what was near the work area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The EPS failures do not display a code number on the pod. You must ground the eps self diagnosic wire then count the eps light flashes. You will need a service manual to do this.

A 13 code display on the pod indicates an error with the intake air pressure sensor.
Thanks for the reply. where is this plugged in? I thought this would be plugged into the air box. The only thing I see plugged into the air box shows a code 22 when I unplug it.

·
Premium Member
8,027 Posts
On the throttle body. May have been unplugged or the hose pulled off or kinked.
code 22 is the air temp sensor. It is in the air box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the throttle body. May have been unplugged or the hose pulled off or kinked.
code 22 is the air temp sensor. It is in the air box.

Pulled the airbox off and yes, my plug was unplugged. Thanks for the info reogem, you save me a huge headache and money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts