Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
No you guys are right, the front track has a patent on it for that "flex track" or whatever it's called, it does make the steering work that much better and reduce the amount of effort to steer it bigtime. I'm just trying to be as objective as possible before dumping all this cashola! Both of these companies have been building tracks for a long time for sleds and have to know a little about snow. $4K sounds like a ton, but it pales in comparison to a new sled with a $13-15K price tag since emission standards came out. Days of buying the top of the line sled for $6-$7k are long gone, in fact things basically doubled overnight. I'd much rather spend my money on quads these days as I get far more use out of them year round. I really appreciate the feedback guys. Have a good Turkey Day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
One thing I completely forgot to inquire about was noticeable belt wear. Are you guys seeing a big difference in belt wear at all? These units are obviously heavier than running tires. Are you guys changing out your belts annually as a result of running these tracks? Granted I don't think I've ever gone over 2500 miles on any of my 6 Grizzlies to date before trading etc, and have never had to change a belt on any of them. Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
You might have to pay a little more attention as to when to use low but my Grizz is 2013 with tracks every winter since new & still original belt showing no signs of wear.
Yam deff has the best CVT system but if I'm in a tight spot or going to be in tight spots for a while I quickly shift to Low.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You dont need to worry about excessive dri etrain wear with tracks..i hear it over and over agajn from guys who hae no idea and never owned tracks about how much harder it is on the bike..if anythjng it is easier and less shockload than tires due to the 30 percent reduction.

·
Premium Member
2010 Grizzly 700 SE, Warn 3000 XT, RM ATV Locking Heated Grips, Black Boar Cargo Trunk & Foot Pegs,
175 Posts
It will be harder on not only your belt but other suspension and steering components as well, despite the gear reduction. I had a ball joint go out on me last hunting season about 10 miles from the truck. Had to MacGyver it all back together to get back. I don't think my trail riding is what weakened it. Echoing the other statements, use low range when needed. You can do a lot in high but Low is there for a reason. Deeper powder, hill climbing, slow riding picking your way through trees, use Low.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts