Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i grew up riding the national forest roads around chewelah and usk area, and am curious if there are any dedicated atv trail systems in the area

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all i grew up riding the national forest roads around chewelah and usk area, and am curious if there are any dedicated atv trail systems in the area

thanks
I have not been there for 10+ years! but there is a short ATV trail north of Newport in the NF. We're a lot further south than you are, and we ride almost exclusively in Idaho. Much more ATV friendly.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I live in chewelah. Sometimes it's hard to ride in that area because of all the private land. We rode up Calispel Peak a couple times, that was a good ride with some old mines on the way up and 49 degrees north in the backgroune. I grew up in kettle Falls and there's a ton of riding further north of chewelah. We'll be heading to kellogg ID this weekend to do some riding up in that area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grew up riding the back side of 49 and sand canyon area. I grew up in Chewelah.

I think we're going to try out north skookum lake. we have rode sleds up there for a few years now.

I live in 9 mile now and very little riding

We will look into idaho it would be worth the drive it sounds like.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ya idaho is really nice. We're heading there to ride, stop by Wallace and ride the zip lines there and just be kid free for a weekend. This will be my first time taking the quads there so I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I grew up riding the back side of 49 and sand canyon area. I grew up in Chewelah.

I think we're going to try out north skookum lake. we have rode sleds up there for a few years now.

I live in 9 mile now and very little riding

We will look into idaho it would be worth the drive it sounds like.
So we just got back from Kellogg Idaho. It was fantastic riding over there. It's definitely worth a weekend trip if you get a chance. We rode up Big Creek which was about 3 miles east of Kellogg, right off the freeway. We ended up on the backside of Silver Mountain and rode to the lodge on the top. Tons of riding trails that are all maintained. I'll post pics a little later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts