Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trails, Passes, and Clubs in Ontario, Canada

It's sad, but ATVing in Ontario is a hopelessly and needlessly complicated affair - where you can ride, what the laws and rules are, what trail pass you need for what area - it's tough to figure out. Which is a shame as we have some great trails and scenery.

In an attempt to help people figure it out, I've created the following article:

BillaVista.com - ATV Tech Article by BillaVista

·
Banned
636 Posts
I'm still trying to decipher where I can ride close to Windsor, I'm still confused.
Ontario needs to get their act together and make things more clear, the jargon is crazy.

P

·
0 Posts
i live in a small town...the main highway drives through it...bush trails all over the place...wood cutters for sawmills made them...an old railway bed tracks taken out...i can hit the trails just right out my back yard...no regulation here...just common sense...can ride in town...couldn't have it better...

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
What's crazy, I would love to atv near wawa area; but it doesn't seem like any trails exist up there. Which is really surprising considering the amount of land up there!!!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Thanks Profights!! I checked your link out. I'll be in touch with the motel up there for more info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and ATVing. Looking to find some trails to ride in Southwestern Ontario somewhere between Grand Bend to Goderich. Doesn't seem to be much organized in the area. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Raymond. I hear ya. Would love to know of any trails in that area.

I'm in Wallaceburg. Chatham-Kent just passed a bylaw allowing us to ride the roads. Although a plus, riding flat roads wil get pretty boring.

There are some trails near Bothwell (skunks misery) and there's also a decent rail trail that runs roughly from Blenheim to St Thomas.

We usually do a couple trips a year up north. Heading on an expedition trip in a few weeks. Can't wait.

Happy riding

·
Registered
7 Posts
i live in a small town...the main highway drives through it...bush trails all over the place...wood cutters for sawmills made them...an old railway bed tracks taken out...i can hit the trails just right out my back yard...no regulation here...just common sense...can ride in town...couldn't have it better...
Same here. Lots of room to roam in northern Ontario.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts