Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen alot of comments on the blackwater evos. Not alot on the grippers. the Kevlar enforced roctanes looked interesting too.

8 ply radial interests me for the added puncture resistance but I guess im on the fence mostly in terms of whether or not either will be to rigid for my 2017 grizz.

I love technical climbs. lots of of camber, steep rock faces, boulder crawls, anything slow and rugged really. But getting to said trails requires alot of riding on gravel roads, rip rap and such that can get pretty sharp hence the 8 ply consideration.

27's or 28's on stocker alloys. may go 1 inch spacers if i go 28s.

Growlers arnt readily available to me and only at a premium if i were to go that route so I wont be considering them for now.

So opinions between Traxion grippers or blackwaters?. or perhaps the 8 ply will simply be to rigid for what i enjoy doing mostly.?

thanks in advance. you guys rock

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Pretty tough to beat the Pitbulls. However, 8 Ply is not actually needed on ATV. They are simply not heavy enough and you can loose traction and climbing ability.

I run the bighorn 2.0's mostly. I competed in the baja 1000 with these tires and they held up well. I had one puncture but the tire slime held the air in. Did not notice until I got home actually. Traction is excellent and cost is good. Would be my choice over the Traxion tires. Bighorns originated this style of tire and are popular for a good reason. I have a hard time buying or using copy cat product that put no time into R&D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts