Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my battery died... And I had the fun of trying to pull it out... Fun fun... Wouldn't budge. Wouldn't move. Big pita... But I figured something easy out.

In the bottom of the battery holder is a number of drainage holes. a 1/4" x 4" bolt fits nicely through those holes. There are a few decent places to get ahold on the other side of the quad with a flat pry bar, and lift against the bolt. Pry bar will need to be at least 2 feet long.

So, one puts the bolt through one of the center holes, and finds a hold for the pry bar, then sets the bolt head against the pry bar, and lifts the bar. The battery pops right out.

After doing that, I put the bolt and tools away, only to touch the battery, and have it sink back into the holder, and be really stuck again. This time, I used the same method to lift the battery out, and pulled it out while it was still lifted.

Simple, easy, and took about a minute. (had I grabbed the battery the first time.)

Hope this helps someone.

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
I put the battery bolts back in and pull up from them.
A non metallic strap works also.

amosfella got lucky...didn't poke a hole in his battery.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you have the battery out already, try adding a heavy ribbon or piece of Mason cord around the battery to use as a handle next time. Pry against any wet battery can crack the case, and destroy the battery, and release acid onto things that should not bath in acid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts