Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys did a belt change and shimmed my Cvt 1.5mm. Great low end power unfortunately my rear drive twisted up and forwards in the frame(popping wheelies) the axle survived and the boot only popped off. I’ve read some articles on braces or brackets to strengthen the drive but couldn’t find any online.

Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Google "Grizzly 660 rear diff brace".
Lots of information. It's a well known and well documented issue on the Grizzly 660. Lots of places used to sell diff braces, but since the 660 hasn't been produced in 10 years now, many have stopped selling the braces. But they are still available out there.
Or if you have access to some metal working tools (grinder, drill, welder) you can make one for only a few dollars. Y0u can make a very basic one without a welder. Just a piece of flat bar steel and a u-bolt.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google "Grizzly 660 rear diff brace".

Lots of information. It's a well known and well documented issue on the Grizzly 660. Lots of places used to sell diff braces, but since the 660 hasn't been produced in 10 years now, many have stopped selling the braces. But they are still available out there.

Or if you have access to some metal working tools (grinder, drill, welder) you can make one for only a few dollars. Y0u can make a very basic one without a welder. Just a piece of flat bar steel and a u-bolt.

Thanks I did google it but haven’t found much for pictures. It appears to be a common problem and I will have to make my own brace. Do you know any users on this forum who have fabricated a brace/gusset for the fear drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Adam I just started having this same problem with my 04 660, user Dezz was able to help me put with some info, I found the gusset brace online at turnercylces.com. To order just call them at 281-540-2040. The price was 65 plus shipping to your area, coat me about $85 to ct. I would have loved to make my own and save the money but dont have the time and I read a lot of good reviews on this particular product. Hope this helps out a bit.( Still waiting for mine to come in, just ordered last week.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
So my bracket just showed up about an hour after posting this, I cant figure out how to upload a picture from my phone for you tho, If you can walk me through that I can load a picture of it for you later. Part seams very good quality, very strong, good welds and great paint coating.

·
Registered
800 Posts
So my bracket just showed up about an hour after posting this, I cant figure out how to upload a picture from my phone for you tho, If you can walk me through that I can load a picture of it for you later. Part seams very good quality, very strong, good welds and great paint coating.
When you go to post, up in the corner there will be a paper airplane and a paperclip, tap the paperclip and you should be able to pick the picture you want to post. Let us know if you have any further questions.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
The Turner Cycles diff brace is an excellent product. Very well built and strong. Most Turner Cycles products are good products.

I looked through the forums trying to find the information I wanted, and I did find them. Unfortunately the pictures were all photobucket supported, so they are no longer visible. Because of that, I never bothered posting the links up here. They are useless without the pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks ,when I hit the paper clip icon it tells me my attachment limit reached, but ive never done an attachment, any help?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks ,when I hit the paper clip icon it tells me my attachment limit reached, but ive never done an attachment, any help?
The same thing happened to me today. I pm'd @VS_Goose so hopefully this will be resolved soon. I'm glad it's not just me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
great thankyou, i'll check on here again later, the same thing happened to me two weeks ago or so while trying to close a post.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Hey folks,

Can you start a thread in the Site help section so we can post screenshots and look into it? I dont want to derail this thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts