Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know what this connector is for.....?

Heated grips?...

Found just below the handlebar...Grizzly 700 '18

It got 12v with key on...2 wire, one black one brown/yellow stripe.

Envoyé de mon BV6000 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe that is the switched hot wire and can be used for accessories such as a winch or gps, whatever you don’t want on all of the time. My dealer tapped into an ignition wire for my winch so I’m removing the crappy wire splice and will be tapping into this wire for my fuzeblock for switched power. Just need to figure out what the pins are for the plug.

Cheers,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just want to know what this connector is for.....?

Heated grips?...

Found just below the handlebar...Grizzly 700 '18

It got 12v with key on...2 wire, one black one brown/yellow stripe.

What is plugged in that connector? It may be an ambient temperature sensor, don't just assume it's a plug.
Grab a service manual for your bike and check the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is plugged in that connector? It may be an ambient temperature sensor, don't just assume it's a plug.
Grab a service manual for your bike and check the wiring diagrams.
There is no metal to make contact with something in the plug....

·
Registered
19 Posts
The connector is capped, stowed and unused, same as on my 2018. I have a service manual and will check to see if there are prints. This has been brought up in other posts also and I think the factory warn winch harness plugs in to it somehow. (I ha r a KFI winch.) I’m also going to the dealer to see if they have the pins for the empty plug and will see what they say about it.

Cleaver

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's probally to connect the computer to check engine codes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Warn Winch - 3 prong cable

The connector is capped, stowed and unused, same as on my 2018. I have a service manual and will check to see if there are prints. This has been brought up in other posts also and I think the factory warn winch harness plugs in to it somehow. (I ha r a KFI winch.) I’m also going to the dealer to see if they have the pins for the empty plug and will see what they say about it.

Cleaver
Question - I have a 2018 Grizzly 450. The Warn Winch handle bar switch has a 3 prong connector (looks similar to a clover). I've looked and can't figure out where to plug the darned thing in.

The connector in this pic is a 2 conductor (black/yellow). Do you know where to plug/which connector the 3 prong goes to?
I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
449 Posts
That is a extra plug for accessories.you can buy the plug to fit it at your dealer. do a search the part number is on grizzly central somewhere. I found some pins that fir my plug in a old radio harness and use it for my winch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts