Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great story! I won an atv in a raffle. It was a 2015 Can Am Outlander L450. So I had to go over to the powersports dealer to pick up my prize, sign some papers and pay the sales tax. I already had the idea in my head to trade it in for something I really wanted. So when I got over there, I asked them about it and they were more then happy to help me with that. I wanted a Grizzly 700. They showed me a leftover 2014 Grizzly 700 w/o power steering, a 2015 700 w/ p.steering, and a 2016 700 w/ p.steering.
We ran some numbers and I decided I wanted the 2015!! They used the Can Am as a downpayment and I paid the remaining balance.
Here it is. So far, I added a new Warn winch, swapped my Bighorn 2.0s onto it from the older Grizzly, and bought a new 2up seat.

I also just picked up a snow plow to add to my older green one. It has had a winch and plow midplate since the day I bought it 4 years ago. But I never had a plow with it...now I do!

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Congratulations on winning the canned ham and better yet awesome upgrade.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
congrats ! that's awesome enjoy the new ride:banana:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sweet deal.

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey..cutlass..What great story!:rocker:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is more fun to this story. Not to discourage anyone from raffles, but winning a "free" ATV worth about $6500...will cost you about $2000. How? Well the sales tax, title, registration, etc is about 500 or so around here.
Then I'm gonna get a 1099-G or something like that for gambling income of about 6500. I'll pay taxes on that "income" of about 1500.
But still completely worth it obviously because I'm still way ahead on my $100 raffle ticket investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
You may want to sign up for publishers clearing house giveaway, LOL Congratulation, nice ride!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Wow that's awesome man!! And very smart thinking on getting what you WANTED!! I'd done the same thing! Haha

·
Registered
424 Posts
Awesome story! I won a can koosie once. Yeah, not quite the same :(
Make sure and deduct the cost of the ticket when filing!

By the way, that's a very clean 660 you got there!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cleaned it up so I can sell it. Thanks for noticing!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My new machine has revived my interest in what's going on in the ATV world. I've been checking in on the forum a lot more and now I wish I would have known about the big changes for the 16 Grizzly. I probably would have bought one. I love everything about it except the handle bar headlight...but I don't hate that. Just reminds me of a Polaris Sportsman. Still love my 15 Grizz, and can't wait to really ride it once deer hunting season is over and the winter atv trails open up!!

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Awesome story - even with having to pay the taxes. When you declare the income portion, you should try to use the amount they credited you for the CanAm, since you never really recevied it.

Congrats and use it well. Stick around here and we'll help you spend alot more on mods for your sweet new ride....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts