Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I just landed a major opportunity to upgrade my 2002 660 to a 700 EPS. Major craigslist find from a widow whos husband died in 2009, after putting 460 miles on his brand new 2007 700 EPS. Bought it on site for $4,500, called my buddy and sold my 2002 for $3,500 all in one day.

So I got the wheeler home and started going through it. It's a brand new machine. Not one aftermarket mod, not a single thing done since it was brought home new. They had drained the gas and stored it since 2009--It's absolutely mint.

In the last three weeks, I have bought a new Warn 3000 winch, a provantage front plow mouth, synthetic rope, throttle extender, big bear windshield, and auxbeam 72W LED light bar, and have had a blast installing all the new parts. I have a 60" provantage plow on order, and moved over my ITP type 4 wheels and radial tires from the 660.

I'm a tinkerer, and love to spend time in the garage working on the toys. I had gone through the 660 when I first got it and tore it down to the frame, checking and replacing every moving part, cleaning the carb, adjusting valves, changing out wheel bearings and axles, etc., but no matter how hard I tried I could not, in a million years make that 660 feel as clean and new as this 700 does!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Congrats, sounds like a sweet deal, enjoy.

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Nice. $1000/delta for an almost new machine that sounds like no signs of abuse is a great deal to you. What mileage did your 660 have on it?

You didn't mention it but if I were you, I'd change all the fluids since it's been sitting for so long. Maybe you already did that and didn't note it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. $1000/delta for an almost new machine that sounds like no signs of abuse is a great deal to you. What mileage did your 660 have on it?

You didn't mention it but if I were you, I'd change all the fluids since it's been sitting for so long. Maybe you already did that and didn't note it?
Good point. I changed the oil and filter, but won't get a chance to do the differentials and antifreeze until after my first big ride on it this weekend.

The 660 has 2800, one owner dirt road miles on it when I bought it--no mud, just years of dust and puddles but it sat outside a lot and got a ton of use and little maintenance. The new 700 was driven around the yard for a year towing the young daughter on a sled then parked. Never outside, never trail ridden or in mud, just snow. You can't distinguish it from a new one, and I couldn't be more psyched.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Nice deal Obviously kind of a sad story Can I ask what type of brand light bar and what mounts those are I like how you have that mounted to your rack. I want to get some lights in the future but want to have a plan to mount it. I really like that set up looks extremely sturdy. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The light was auxbeam 12" from Amazon and the mounts were KC highlights. I got shafted with the mounts though because you only got one each for $18 and I didn't realize it so had to buy another. After getting them I didn't mind because they are really nice mounts.
Also bought a harness from totron and but the switch on the handlebar cover.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it was kinda sad but she's been sitting on it for 7 years now. I didn't even haggle with her and gave her what she had it listed for.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thant's a nice machine, unfortunate in the way it came up for sale. Enjoy it! Thanks for the info on those light bar mounts, I'll be needing a set soon and that looks like a clean set up.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
The light was auxbeam 12" from Amazon and the mounts were KC highlights. I got shafted with the mounts though because you only got one each for $18 and I didn't realize it so had to buy another. After getting them I didn't mind because they are really nice mounts.
Also bought a harness from totron and but the switch on the handlebar cover.
Thanks for the info on the light and mount. It looks good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So we did 110 miles last Saturday and the wheeler was incredible. The eps makes it feel like a Cadillac. Trails, mud, dirt roads, fields, and water we saw it all. The auxbeam was awesome too. So bright that it took all the worry out of being caught out after dark in the late fall in northern Maine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts